VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 am

» [Solved] Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf I_vote_lcap[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf I_voting_bar[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6454)
[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf I_vote_lcap[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf I_voting_bar[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1946 registered users
The newest registered user is the_avid_gamer

Our users have posted a total of 217818 messages in 16809 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf

+4
3more
=SdS=Celestia
SparkeR
薄霧.
8 posters

Go down

[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf Empty [Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf

Post by 薄霧. Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:50 am

One feature of the VKs Official Server that has remained quite the same throughout its life span is teleportation. There have been uncoubtable new features and mods added after that, which have changed the server completely throughout the year. There have been many interesiting updates which try to make the VKs a unique DM server, along with being host to other activities. One such update is the addition of custom vehicles, more specifically, the Autrach. The Autrach would seem like something that can be obtained by years of hard work, but instead, players can get it fairly easily, and most of them have 10 different Autraches with all the colours. The reason of this is simple. The teleportation system has quite effectively rendered the need of vehicular transport useless. This means that the teleportation system must be nerfed in order to bring more importance to the vehicles. Players can easily teleport to any player and constantly kill them, if they have the skill required. This removes the ability to freely roam the server, and enjoy the many sites of Vice City. You may think that 'nogoto' works fine, but with almost everyone now having an overpowered insanely fast car, and everyone already having the teleport feature, it's quite simple to ruin the day of someone who has 'nogoto' on. All you have to do is '/loc', '/gotoloc <loc>', '/getpropcar <prop> <autrachid>', and drive for less than a minute to find the person. The way we can nerf the teleportation system is to either remove the feature of directly teleporting to players, or remove the features of teleporting to location. Of course, the way that it gets nerfed is flexible and up to the community, but the important thing is that it must be nerfed.
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf Empty Re: [Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf

Post by SparkeR Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:59 am

Removing the custom veh will solve the problem.
SparkeR
SparkeR
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf Empty Re: [Closed] Server Suggestion - An Important Nerf

Post by 薄霧. Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:05 am

SparkeR wrote:Removing the custom veh will solve the problem.

It's not just about the custom vehicles, it's about bringing importance to all of the vehicles, along with balancing the DM by giving the victim of an attack the chance to defend.
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by =SdS=Celestia Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:07 am

K2. wrote:either remove the feature of directly teleporting to players, or remove the features of teleporting to location.
Ridiculous.
=SdS=Celestia
=SdS=Celestia
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://vkserver.forumotion.com/u640

Back to top Go down

Post by 薄霧. Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:15 am

=SdS=Celestia wrote:
K2. wrote:either remove the feature of directly teleporting to players, or remove the features of teleporting to location.
Ridiculous.

The Infernus has a top speed of 240 Km/h, and it reaches it in about 4 seconds. It weighs almost as much as as the Ice Cream truck, which balances its power. That means the handling is good, but not as great as you would want.

The Autrach has a top speed of over three times that. It reaches its top speed as soon as you press 'W'. It weighs as much as a leaf does. It can come to a stop in just a few seconds from full speed. It has the best handling of the game.

Ridiculous
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkeR Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:16 am

=SdS=Celestia wrote:
Ridiculous.
K2 dont make a another lw
Removing all custom veh is the solution only
SparkeR
SparkeR
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 薄霧. Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:24 am

SparkeR wrote:
=SdS=Celestia wrote:
Ridiculous.
K2 dont make a another lw
Removing all custom veh is the solution only

And how will that have anything to do with this issue, let alone solve it?
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 3more Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Removing drive by from veh is the solution imo, other than that i see it pointless to disable teleport in *freeroam server*
3more
3more
Experienced Admin
Experienced Admin

Event staff

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:40 pm

Eh I think it's a little too late (8 years too late) to completely change the basic function of the server and remove teleports.

I understand the problems of newbies being killed a lot even with /nogoto on, but turning it into LW isn't a solution that will ever happen.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ЧК. Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:30 pm

Teleportation commands can be used with a cost, and players who literally don't have cash (not even in bank) would be able to use it without any cost so their experience is not affected. This can help solve this issue to an extent, and also solve the issue where almost everyone in VKs is very rich and to balance out the economy, we need more costs. Although, as Angel said, VKs always had free teleportation and it'd make a huge change in the basic functionality of the server, so it is probably too late.
ЧК.
ЧК.
Manager & Forum Admin
Manager & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S. Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:02 pm

No LW, not even anything related to it, -1
S.
S.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 薄霧. Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Better late than never. I knew that no one would agree to such a big change. The suggestion 4K. gave is a good start to balancing the economy and giving importance to vehicles.

Other people are misunderstanding. I'm not trying to create a littlewhiteys environment, I just want there to be a reason to save for and purchase a vehicle. With the current teleportation system, there's pretty much no need for you to own any vehicle.
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UmaR Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:06 pm

I'll stick to 4K's suggestion.
UmaR
UmaR
Experienced Admin
Experienced Admin

Event staff

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkeR Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:20 pm

ЧК. wrote:Teleportation commands can be used with a cost, and players who literally don't have cash (not even in bank) would be able to use it without any cost so their experience is not affected. This can help solve this issue to an extent, and also solve the issue where almost everyone in VKs is very rich and to balance out the economy, we need more costs. Although, as Angel said, VKs always had free teleportation and it'd make a huge change in the basic functionality of the server, so it is probably too late.
Its not too late tho
There should be 1500 for 1 teleportion and the ones who dont have cash should not be using it for free( we have alot of jobs) people can do jobs and earn money then teleport.
SparkeR
SparkeR
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:03 am

This has to be considered for the future and we got a few voting topics up, but it's hard to really come to terms how to best handle this.

Removing /gotoloc and /goto will never happen. We have to stay true to the core of the server.

No matter what approach I take the outcome of the server in the end will be:

1. The server changed too much and is not good anymore.

2. The server didn't improve enough and fix old issues.

Removing gotoloc and goto is like removing a core part of the VKs. I believe the server and the game will last the longest if we stay true to our core and try to improve everything else.

What defines the core of the server I don't know but I do know that gotoloc and goto is apart of it.

I would like to decrease the noob killing somehow. I don't like how players spam teleportions to get to them for example, but we need to consider the solution for that.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down