VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 am

» [Solved] Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
Server Patch 5.8 I_vote_lcapServer Patch 5.8 I_voting_barServer Patch 5.8 I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6454)
Server Patch 5.8 I_vote_lcapServer Patch 5.8 I_voting_barServer Patch 5.8 I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1944 registered users
The newest registered user is BehlulGLDSA32

Our users have posted a total of 217818 messages in 16809 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Server Patch 5.8

+3
Frozen
Ninja
VK.Angel.OfDeath
7 posters

Go down

Server Patch 5.8 Empty Server Patch 5.8

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:21 pm

Note: Well guys the notes may seem smaller this time (compared to my other ones). But I believe that almost every line packs a huge punch and is quite useful. Hope you guys enjoy. I am open to hearing more DM improvements, but like always I take one feature at a time.

PATCH 5.8

DM/Performance System

- Added the ability to save (after you leave the server) /nogoto, /radaroff and /spawnwep through /nogotosave, /radaroffsave and /spawnwepsave. Typing the save commands once saves the values forever or until you type the save commands again.  

- You will no longer be disallowed from shooting in: /cop, /wod, /secretworld, /iov, /bod, etc... when your FPS is low or your ping is high.
- Removed the annoying feature that you equip fist if you attempt to shoot the first 1-2 seconds after you doing /wep. Instead I added another feature that should be less noticeable. If it's annoying we can revert back.

COOP System

- Finally added the new /coop activity that lets you invite other players into your /jobs and some /minigames.
- /getcar, /fix, /getpropcar, /npcbomb, /npcagro and /wizard are disabled for /coop players.
- NPCs do not see /coop players and /coop players can not attack them.
- /coop players can not interact with spheres, pickups or anything.
- The /coop activity is quite big so it's recommended that the /coop player only watches. Please note that most games were made for 1 player so it's possible /coop players can glitch out the minigame someway if they do more than watching and follow the player.

MiniGame/Job System

- Added /derby 6 & /derbydestruction 3 by Sparrow.
- Added /kod 1-3 aka kill or die by Sparrow, in which you have to make a kill in 30 seconds or you die. If you die a certain amount of times you're out of the minigame.

- /ignoreall now only happens when entering /cop, /secretworld and /wod instead of when every job is restarting. So that now you only have to write /unignoreall once.
- /lms 1-2 now disallows the flame thrower from being used.

Property System

- Made it so /start and /lockstart can be used instead of /p start and /p lockstart if you use /changepickupcommand <pickup index> start or /changepickupcommand <pickup index> lockstart.
- Added /addpropscript 2 by Rainbow_Dash that let's you very easily make a start pickup that is called when you do /start. Also added /addpropscripthelp 2 on how to use it. You basically just need to define max players, min players and the start pickup index through commands Rainbow included in the script.

- Added /map 31-38.

Property Pickup System

- Added /addkickpickup and /addkickallpickup which is basically a pickup that kicks the player who enters it out of the property. Note: For security reasons
- Added /addvehmovepickup2 and /addvehspawnpickup2 to change the position and spawn position of a vehicle based on coordinates only.
- Added most of the /pickupsettings commands into pickups that also got variable support
- /addchangedelaypickup to change the delay of a pickup when it's entered (if you put the value 5 the pickups effect happens 5 seconds after it)
- /addchangelevelpickup to change the level of a pickup.
- /addchangemodelpickup to change the model ID of a pickup, can lead to some fun affects.
- /addchangekeypickup can also be used to change the key ID of a pickup. This can lead to you having keys that are temporary in your minigames.
- /addchangestatepickup defines the state of the pickup if you have to be on foot or on a vehicle to enter it. Not many people use this and can easily be added with a condition, but good to have.
- /addchangevehiclepickup defines which vehicle index the player has to be in when entering the pickup. This will allow for people to implement /cardealer if they want.
- /addchangecountpickup defines how many times a pickup can be entered before it's locked. This can be useful for elimination minigames like fastest killer (an old event by Rainbow Dash)
- /addchangelimitpickup can be used to set limits for how many players are required in the property for a pickup to be entered.
- /addchangeupgradepickup can change the /changepickupupgrade of a pickup aka the upgrade required to enter a certain pickup
- /addchangecashpickup can change the /changepickupcash of a pickup which means the cash required to enter a certain pickup.
- /addchangealphapickup
- /addchangecommandpickup can also be used to change the command of a pickup. This can lead to you having commands that are temporary in your minigames, which can be quite a useful way to advance stories actually without having to use variables by simply unlocking new commands after a while.
- /addchangecooldownpickup changes the /changepickupcooldown which is the time it takes for the pickup to be used again after a player uses it.

Property Variable System

- Started working on a property and variable system wiki on github that I will try to finish and share here on the forum. Hopefully it will be more useful than the in-game commands.

- Added support for what I would call arrays that DarkRazor suggested. Arrays are a list of variables. How this work is that you can now use variables on the name of variable name in /addvariablepickup. I would say that this is extremely advanced and not useful for most people.

Like for example this:
/addvariablepickup var_array[$server_i$] 0

Why is this useful? Well if you use this with /addforpickup 0 9 <Pickup Index of the variable pickup>

You will get 10 variables like this:
var_array[0]
var_array[1]
var_array[9]

Without having to create 10 variable pickups.

- In order to display the arrays you can also use the new function value@ it takes all arguments and makes it one text. That text is then assumed to be the variable. The command then takes the value of that variable name. Note that all arguments after the first one can also be variables in that case it takes the value of that variable first and then add it into a text.

For example:
/addmsgpickup $value@var_array[/server_i/]$

Now add it into a /addforpickup and you will display all 10 values.

How it works in more details: var_array[ is the first argument so it's assumed to always be a text. server_i is the second argument, the value@ function check if its a variable it is a variable and takes the value of it. var_array[ is combined with the value of server_i. Third argument is ], the value@ function checks if its a variable. It is not, so it keeps it as a text. Now it combines all 3 arguments and you get the var_array variables you created.

- Made it so [ and ] can be used in variable names, since that is preferred for arrays in normal scripting languages.

- Added a limit of 2000 characters max for a variable.
- Added a limit of 25000 characters that can be saved in total for all var_saved variables.
- Added a limit of 500 saved variables for all properties.
- Added a limit of 500 variables for regular properties.
- Added a limit of 5000 variables for VKs property only.

- Variable support has been added for the majority of the pickups. They will appear with < .../variable> in the syntax of the commands if they are supported. For anyone who cares here is a list of the pickups that received variable support this patch:
Variable Support:

Challenge system

- Added a new challenge (challenge group 3) for /madpilot & /heliblade which are two cool minigames Rainbow made a while ago.
- Added a challenge for /kod (challenge group 8 ).
- Included /ponyrace in the challenge for 2 /taxirace & /boatrace games.
- /derbydestruction 3 is now included in the derby destruction challenge.

Admin System & Security System Event Staff System

- Added /settimerate for admins to define how fast the clock ticks. Default value is 1 minute for every irl second.

- Improved the anti hack detection system.
- Added /hacklogsfull2 to display more information about potential hackers/ban evaders.
- Added /addhackid24 and /removehackid24.
- Upgraded /addhackid23 to be able to detect more hacks and some evaders.
- Improved the detection of hackers inside /hacklogs, /hacklogsfull and /hacklogsfull2.
- Attempted to add more information inside /suspects to help identify aim lockers and aimbotters. Still up for testing.

Other

- Enabled the clock so it now ticks with 1 minute every second. Admins can disable this effect using /settimerate or change the timerate completely. We are open to feedbacks regarding this feature.
- Improved the throw of the thrower NPC can be set using /setnpcattacktype it's ID 7. It's not used normally by me,  but it's available for players to use. The NPC will now throw you in the direction he is facing and not the direction you are facing.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed a bug with the /playtime not updating if you disconnect from the spawn screen.
- Fixed a bug with /taxirace map markers not disappearing after someone finishes the minigame.
- Fixed a bug with /vicememory giving you upgrade 15 when you kill a player right when entering the job (and thus glitching the game).
- Fixed a bug with /comp that allowed you to skip to the end.
- Fixed a bug with /wodrewards showing an incorrect value.
- Fixed a bug with the /addmsgpickup syntax.
- Fixed a minor bug with /addchangevariablepickup.
- Fixed a bug with immunity pickups not working with value 0
- Fixed a bug related to the wood menu's
- Fixed a bug with /mute and /mute2 syntax message.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Server Patch 5.8 Empty Re: Server Patch 5.8

Post by Ninja Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:04 pm

Great job keep it up!
Ninja
Ninja
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:16 am

Dude, You're really making great efforts for server, and that's cool.
Frozen
Frozen
Ultra Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by SuFyastiC Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:21 am

Read it all, damn thats some real hard work done, keep it up nerd.
SuFyastiC
SuFyastiC
Ultra Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by 3more Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:33 pm

happy to see updates coming up, good job old man
3more
3more
Experienced Admin
Experienced Admin

Event staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder_B!rd Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:52 am

a quick suggestion regarding DM: remove that trash ass 3 sec wait system for RPG, I dont think that rapid fire glitch or whatever glitch it was is possible anymore, and even if it is, make a rule for it so players can report if someone do this.
Thunder_B!rd
Ultra Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:47 am

Thunder_B!rd wrote:a quick suggestion regarding DM: remove that trash ass 3 sec wait system for RPG, I dont think that rapid fire glitch or whatever glitch it was is possible anymore, and even if it is, make a rule for it so players can report if someone do this.
This system was added because rpg is very OP weapon and it can ruin the dm gameplay that's why there is 3 seconds cooldown.
Ninja
Ninja
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Thunder_B!rd wrote:a quick suggestion regarding DM: remove that trash ass 3 sec wait system for RPG, I dont think that rapid fire glitch or whatever glitch it was is possible anymore, and even if it is, make a rule for it so players can report if someone do this.

Harold wrote:
This system was added because rpg is very OP weapon and it can ruin the dm gameplay that's why there is 3 seconds cooldown.

It was added to prevent fast switching to rocket. I remember players using it to quickly switch between rockets and stubby shots, making it very hard for anyone to defend themselves. If that is still possible I do not know, feel free to post a suggestion topic in the meantime.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder_B!rd Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:24 pm

VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:

Harold wrote:

It was added to prevent fast switching to rocket. I remember players using it to quickly switch between rockets and stubby shots, making it very hard for anyone to defend themselves. If that is still possible I do not know, feel free to post a suggestion topic in the meantime.
yes fast switch so what? RPG is as every other weapon, if that was your reason, you are quite a retard, anyways pls change it back to normal, if you think this is to improve defense, then add a delay between remote grenade trigger, it is OP too, players quickly knock other before they even have a change to getaway from grenade, thanks
Thunder_B!rd
Ultra Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:05 pm

Thunder_B!rd wrote:
VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:

Harold wrote:

yes fast switch so what? RPG is as every other weapon, if that was your reason, you are quite a retard, anyways pls change it back to normal, if you think this is to improve defense, then add a delay between remote grenade trigger, it is OP too, players quickly knock other before they even have a change to getaway from grenade, thanks

It was a big problem back in the day, but as I said I am not sure if it's still a big issue anymore. I can't really explain it properly since I am not much of a DMer myself but stubby+RPG fast switch was extremely hard to fight against and quite unfair. The way I wanted people to use RPG has always been from a long distance. Before we added this feature, RPG was used in close-range combat using fast switching in a way where you could damage people close to you without being affected by the explosion yourself.

Regarding remote grenades, the RPG fast switching was much worse. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't improve that too.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:56 am

VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:
Thunder_B!rd wrote:
VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:

Harold wrote:

It was a big problem back in the day, but as I said I am not sure if it's still a big issue anymore. I can't really explain it properly since I am not much of a DMer myself but stubby+RPG fast switch was extremely hard to fight against and quite unfair. The way I wanted people to use RPG has always been from a long distance. Before we added this feature, RPG was used in close-range combat using fast switching in a way where you could damage people close to you without being affected by the explosion yourself.

Regarding remote grenades, the RPG fast switching was much worse. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't improve that too.
RPG is more op than remote because rpg can be shooed from a very long distance but remote can't be used from a long distance. There is a solution for it too, add range in kill messages and add the rule that rpg close range isn't allowed and set the limit of rpg to 15-20 per spawn.
Ninja
Ninja
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:49 am

Well well well, everything is fine in the dm. According to current circumstances everything is going fine. Of course if a person don't know the use of fast remote grenades, he'll surely oppose it.

About RPG: it's all right. Making range rule for RPG will surely mess up the dm. It will take time to satisfy players with the range rule. Because most of the time, players have no intention of doing close range RPG, and even if it is done with intention, they will just pop up with the thing that how can I measure 24m from my position, and I don't have time to measure it so. Very Happy
Frozen
Frozen
Ultra Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by S. Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:26 am

Close range rule will, for sure, increase about 50℅ of the reports. Better limit the number of RPG per spawn. Maybe 10 or 13 eh
S.
S.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Frozen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down