VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by CYBORG Today at 12:17 pm

» Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
December 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) I_vote_lcapDecember 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) I_voting_barDecember 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6453)
December 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) I_vote_lcapDecember 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) I_voting_barDecember 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1941 registered users
The newest registered user is WARLOCK

Our users have posted a total of 217817 messages in 16809 subjects
Top posting users this week
CYBORG

December 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left)

Go down

December 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) Empty December 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left)

Patch 4.7
I made a promise that I will provide you guys with two more patches before the end of the year and Intend to do so with patch 4.7 coming out. I know my promises don't mean much because I can never keep them, but I am going to release a patch before the 16h of December, that marks about 2 months since the last patch. There is a big chance the patch will come in a few days if I decide that it is impossible for me to release /wod (basically a job that is 4-5 times bigger than the usual jobs) in a finished state. Even if I don't release /wod you guys will get other stuff that is hopefully worthy of a patch update. I've added quite a few other things that I think will make the gameplay more fun in the next patch regardless if /wod gets finished or not.

So why has this patch taken so long? Well technically, if you look at our history there are quite a few periods where a patch is released 2 months after the previous one. However, I've wasted about half of my time since october planning for the future with 3 patches that are all connected that will eventually finish the story we have with Desmond. These patches will never be topped, it will be impossible for me to make something better. When those 3 patches are finished which I expect to happen in 2019 I think we will either just have small patches or maybe stop altogether. Who knows how long you guys will still be here. Hopefully for many more years, but if we last until 2019 we will at least have a good ending to the story.

It's also worth to mention that I've already built the arena for BOD 2. Not many people have seen it, but it's going to be awesome. I've used custom objects made by Qais. But don't expect any BOD 2 until the summer, I might get it done sooner, but it's going to take a long time.

A problem
/wod will take a long time to finish and the problem is that I neglect the rel006 release because I become so stressed to finish /wod. I think a rel006 is really needed with all those darn crashes and bugs we see nowadays. Those crash issues from what I've seen seem to be fixed in rel006. You guys however, reported to me that crash issues happened after the library update. I've tried to investigate it to find out what exactly is making this happen, but once again this is a VC-MP issue that my script has somehow triggered and I will need to do a lot of testing to see if I can fix the crashes. I think my conclusion is that it has something to do with us having too many custom files for rel003 to handle, so we just have to live with it until rel006.

Rel006 finished
I am happy to announce that the rel006 version now meets all of my standards. I've managed to get around a lot of issues that other servers don't experience because they don't usually have custom properties, lots of pickups, objects and stuff. Today I moved two pickups to fix the memory leakage on the spawn screen. There are still some issues that I don't believe is very serious. One issue is that if a property has pickups close to the spawn screen they might experience lag if they stay unspawned for 5-10 minutes. The lag will disappear if they spawn again. The thing about the lag is that it is extremely small to begin with but the longer you are at the spawn screen the more it increases. At least world 1 and almost all properties should be safe for it. If this becomes a problem I'll implement a fix. For property owners that are worried, just talk to me, but I honestly don't think it will be much of a problem. Another issue that you need to watchout for is to not stay in the cameramode (F11) for too long at the wrong place. Use F6 to monitor your download rate, if it increases too much you're using more internet. Most people will probably not have a problem with this as long as they don't stay in it for too long. Even with a bad internet it at least takes 5-10 minutes for any big increase and I don't really think we stay in photomode for that long.

Rel006 what's next
I decided to divide these for people who are too lazy to read. Three things basically:

1. I need to find time between scripting the server and believe me I want rel006 as bad as you guys with all these crashes you're experiencing. Rel003 is getting a little too old.

2. I want to host another public beta so that players can join and look at the GUI. I have the option to change /fontsize, which means that everyone should be able to get the GUI playable. I also made some improvements to the default auto resizer. I kinda just want you guys to see it and see if it's acceptable. When this beta test will happen will probably be after 4.7 is released. I will make time for it when I am doing patch 4.7.1. After this is done I'll probably start working on 4.8, make any fixes to rel006 needed after the beta test (if there are any)

3. Once 1 and 2 is done, I just need to spend 1 day to get in contact with VRocker since I will need his assistance to switch version. This probably means that the server will be offline for a while (not more than 1 hour hopefully, but that's a future problem).

December 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) Angel-10
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

December 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left) :: Comments

LOGiC ™

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 pm by LOGiC ™

good work dude Cool

Back to top Go down

DarKxSideR

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:23 pm by DarKxSideR

So did you added the cars which I sent?

Back to top Go down

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:28 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

413 wrote:So did you added the cars which I sent?

I got lots of cars. I have it on my list to check out the cars you sent (I've saved the link), but for now, I already have my cars for the next patch and probably the next as well.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:43 pm by h

Ah pressing F6 for checking download rate is going to be a problem, as it will enable my aimlock and i will be banned Razz

Back to top Go down

BlackOps_Killer

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 pm by BlackOps_Killer

After the 4.7 is released you are gonna open the beta tester so everyone can join and look at the GUI and test it, right!?

Back to top Go down

D4rKR420R

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:14 am by D4rKR420R

Sweet, count me in the work. Smile

Back to top Go down

Pavonis

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:50 am by Pavonis

Great work. But, I have a question about EC server. Look, I know everybody will say me lagger but seriously i get 190 ping and 60FPS most likely all the time. So, I played on EC and noticed that most likely every single shot hits you so easily which means there is no freaking lag at all. Now, I get same ping and FPS on VKs server too. But, even if the pings are better still on VKs most of our shot doesn't work properly. I don't know what sorta lag is this or another thing. I am not blaming anything. I just wanna know that is this cos of rel006 or something else on EC server?

Back to top Go down

D4rKR420R

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:06 am by D4rKR420R

Pavonis wrote:Great  work. But, I have a question about EC server. Look, I know everybody will say me lagger but seriously i get 190 ping and 60FPS most likely all the time. So, I played on EC and noticed that most likely every single shot hits you so easily which means there is no freaking lag at all. Now, I get same ping and FPS on VKs server too. But, even if the pings are better still on VKs most of our shot doesn't work properly. I don't know what sorta lag is this or another thing. I am not blaming anything. I just wanna know that is this cos of rel006 or something else on EC server?

Most likely seems like 04rel006 improved it.

Back to top Go down

Chuck Norris

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 am by Chuck Norris

Blackops_Killer wrote:After the 4.7 is released you are gonna open the beta tester so everyone can join and look at the GUI and test it, right!?

When the testing server is in rel006 beta testers can join it and test it out. I am pretty sure you've seen it plenty of times.

Pavonis wrote:Great  work. But, I have a question about EC server. Look, I know everybody will say me lagger but seriously i get 190 ping and 60FPS most likely all the time. So, I played on EC and noticed that most likely every single shot hits you so easily which means there is no freaking lag at all. Now, I get same ping and FPS on VKs server too. But, even if the pings are better still on VKs most of our shot doesn't work properly. I don't know what sorta lag is this or another thing. I am not blaming anything. I just wanna know that is this cos of rel006 or something else on EC server?

It depends on a lot of things:
1. Ok so here's the thing. I our server is probably lagging more than EC. Our script could potentially lag more than EC due to it either being a larger script with lots of different types of feature. I do test the performance of VKs a lot and I try to keep the code used for timers (code that execute all the time) extremely small.

2. I am also pretty sure that EC is not hosted in the UK. If you recall we actually switched host to there, so maybe that's affecting it for you.

3. Another thing, as someone else points out: The "sync" is a lot better in rel006. I don't notice it myself since I suck anyway and I don't host the rel006 all the time. I remember Mason or someone very experienced in this saying that the combat feels better in the rel006 version of VKs, but that it was maybe not as good as EC, but better. Don't hold me to that statement though since I am not sure.

I hope this is the main reason why you feel like VKs lag more than EC, but I can't say to 100 %. I would really like it for you to join the rel006 server and try it out yourself. The thing is though that the testing server is hosted on my home computer, which is a lot worse than VRockers host. Hopefully you'll see a difference.

4. Also, it's worth pointing out that if EC doesn't have a high ping kicker and I had 1000 ping on their server, you wouldn't hit me even with 0 ping. You can't forget that the ping of the other player also affects if your shots hit or not.

To sum this up: I think number 3 and 4 is hopefully the main cause behind your feeling like the shots you fire on VKs is less synced. If it's 1 or 2, we hopefully have to find out. When we switch to rel006 we'll find out either way.

Back to top Go down

QaisAla

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm by QaisAla

Good work nerdy.

Back to top Go down

B!aC7.D3V!l

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:39 pm by B!aC7.D3V!l

I have little request
Can u add KOEINGSEGG AGERA OR REGERA please

Back to top Go down

Pavonis

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 pm by Pavonis

Chuck Norris wrote:
Blackops_Killer wrote:After the 4.7 is released you are gonna open the beta tester so everyone can join and look at the GUI and test it, right!?

When the testing server is in rel006 beta testers can join it and test it out. I am pretty sure you've seen it plenty of times.

1. Ok so here's the thing. I our server is probably lagging more than EC. Our script could potentially lag more than EC due to it either being a larger script with lots of different types of feature. I do test the performance of VKs a lot and I try to keep the code used for timers (code that execute all the time) extremely small.

2. I am also pretty sure that EC is not hosted in the UK. If you recall we actually switched host to there, so maybe that's affecting it for you.

3. Another thing, as someone else points out: The "sync" is a lot better in rel006. I don't notice it myself since I suck anyway and I don't host the rel006 all the time. I remember Mason or someone very experienced in this saying that the combat feels better in the rel006 version of VKs, but that it was maybe not as good as EC, but better. Don't hold me to that statement though since I am not sure.

I hope this is the main reason why you feel like VKs lag more than EC, but I can't say to 100 %. I would really like it for you to join the rel006 server and try it out yourself. The thing is though that the testing server is hosted on my home computer, which is a lot worse than VRockers host. Hopefully you'll see a difference.

4. Also, it's worth pointing out that if EC doesn't have a high ping kicker and I had 1000 ping on their server, you wouldn't hit me even with 0 ping. You can't forget that the ping of the other player also affects if your shots hit or not.

To sum this up: I think number 3 and 4 is hopefully the main cause behind your feeling like the shots you fire on VKs is less synced. If it's 1 or 2, we hopefully have to find out. When we switch to rel006 we'll find out either way.

It's just not me, it's happening with many, I believe so. Even my clan members refers EC for clan practises and other stuffs for better performance. And switching hosts didn't affect me. I play on Vks with 190 ping and on EC too. Pings have no differences. I think no 1 is the case which causing VKs lag. And really i noticed the VK and EC difference very clearly. It felt me a total difference, I got shocked. I don't know if its cos of rel006. For that, I might join the testing server.

Back to top Go down

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:13 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

B!aC7.D3V!l wrote:I have little request
Can u add KOEINGSEGG AGERA OR REGERA please

Pavonis wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:

It's just not me, it's happening with many, I believe so. Even my clan members refers EC for clan practises and other stuffs for better performance. And switching hosts didn't affect me. I play on Vks with 190 ping and on EC too. Pings have no differences. I think no 1 is the case which causing VKs lag. And really i noticed the VK and EC difference very clearly. It felt me a total difference, I got shocked. I don't know if its cos of rel006. For that, I might join the testing server.

Well don't make assumptions just yet. There is only one way to find out. But I am pretty sure the sync has changed significantly in rel004 and rel006 compared to rel003 so I assume a switch would at least make VK version rel006 better than rel006.

Well at least we will know for sure once the switch is made.

Back to top Go down

GeoGeo

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:36 pm by GeoGeo

QaisAla wrote:Good work nerdy.

Back to top Go down

Zak.

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:08 pm by Zak.

Good job.
But what do you mean by summer ? It means it will gone to March or April or May.?
2. Changing version to 04rel006 will remove the slide effect?

Back to top Go down

Chuck Norris

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:12 pm by Chuck Norris

DuKaz wrote:Good job.
But what do you mean by summer ? It  means it will gone to March or April or May.?
2. Changing version to 04rel006 will remove the slide effect?
Summer = june to August. I was talking about a date for a later patch btw. I will release lots of patches in between that.

Yes, it will remove the slide. We need to move on. rel003 is becoming too unstable now. There is hardly any rel004 server left anyway. Flake made a sliding script for rel004, but I haven't had time to look at it yet. We'll probably have to wait for the switch and see what we'll do.,

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:28 am by Thunder_B!rd

bro nice hard work.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down