VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 am

» [Solved] Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players I_vote_lcap[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players I_voting_bar[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6454)
[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players I_vote_lcap[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players I_voting_bar[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1946 registered users
The newest registered user is the_avid_gamer

Our users have posted a total of 217818 messages in 16809 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players

+2
KF lyzor
薄霧.
6 posters

Go down

[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players Empty [Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players

Post by 薄霧. Thu May 20, 2021 1:23 pm

I've found an idea that can help over 90% of VKs players reduce their ping in the server by a very significant amount, improving greatly the experience for them and others. We know that the world map is centered on the United Kingdom. While the United Kingdom is not at a mid-point vertically, and so there are some other countries in Africa that are technically in the middle, the UK can be considered a good example of what the map is centered around. Knowing this, it may seem like it is in everyone's mutual interest that we base servers in the United Kingdom, or around it. I've done extensive research, and have found out that this is very wrong, as the player base of VCMP is not balanced at all in terms of land. I've collected data and through immense calculations decided that it is in all of our best interests to move the server hosting to Turkey. You may not be very convinced, so perhaps this map that I have devised will convince you:

[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players Captur12
forgot to highlight usa, sorry darkrazor :V

I've done research on the player base of VCMP, and highlighted in red the countries with the highest density of VCMP players, orange with medium, and yellow with low. I've also divided the player base into three main sectors of the Middle East, Europe, and South Asia. I've created a triangle going through the midpoint of each of the sectors, and plotted the midpoint of the triangle, which inevitably, is Turkey. If our server is moved to Turkey, then over 90% of the player-base can experience ping which is in 2 digits, significantly improving the experience for everyone. Almost all VCMP servers are hosted on Central Europe, which is a very bad decision, made apparent by this map. This will improve the conditions for everyone in Asia and Europe. While it may seem like Europeans would have increased ping, that is not entirely true as our current host is on the edge of Europe, so most players living in Europe are at the same distance from UK as they are from Turkey. Even if players living in UK experience higher ping, the experience for them would still be better as other players would have significantly lower ping. I think that this is a good opportunity for us to create a revolutionary moment in VCMP history.
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players Empty Re: [Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players

Post by KF lyzor Thu May 20, 2021 6:28 pm

what is this?
KF lyzor
KF lyzor
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

[Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players Empty Re: [Closed, people report this doesn't work] Server Suggestion - Heavily Decreasing Ping of 90%+ Players

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Thu May 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Damn man interesting information you collected here. You seem to have put a lot of time into it which is why I would like to ask you in the future discuss a suggestion first before you put so much effort into it. I got a few points/questions

1. We can not move the host to Turkey got no clue how to do that.
2. You said 90 % ping increase are you sure about that? How did you calculate it?¨
3. We do not know for sure there won't be an ISP issues or stuff for people with a host from turkey.
4. Are all our current players really from those areas? Will everyone get a ping improvement? That's hard to estimate actually. We have to consider the regular players we still got playing on the server. If we change the host it will most likely negatively impact 25 % or even more, who will get a worse ping. We might lose some regular players and in returns we might also not gain any players.
5. Baba's server still got a better location for indian and Pakistan players (his host is in India) and he has been rather successful in building a playerbase. Pro players usually play in servers with a french or England based host. Pro players usually don't play here anyways since DMing isn't optimal here for them. Indian and Pakistan players would still have a closer host.

So I am not sure how we can gain players this way even though it's an interesting suggestion. Hard for me to put it into words but maybe we can have a discussion if you'd like.

VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 3more Thu May 20, 2021 10:45 pm

although egypt isn't very far away from turkey, i get so bad ping in turkey host lol. and that could be for all north africans
3more
3more
Experienced Admin
Experienced Admin

Event staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodedge Fri May 21, 2021 7:15 am

3more wrote:although egypt isn't very far away from turkey, i get so bad ping in turkey host lol. and that could be for all north africans

Same here, I get 150 ping in one of the Turkey hosted servers on the masterlist It has [TR] tag so it's not hard to miss.

Anyways like 3more and Angel mentioned, your distance to the server isn't actually everything, while it plays a big part. There is also the routing factor which you failed to mention. From my personal experience I'm gonna use BABA's server where I mostly get under 100 ping (even tho I am living pretty far from the host) as an example that routing plays a bigger part than distance too. I also get lower pings to EU servers than Bahrain and some Dubai ISPs (Not all of them) when I am literally only living ardund 2000 KM away lol.

@VK.Angel.OfDeath if you ever consider changing the host location, I guess it'd be better if you host a test server and had multiple people from around the world ping it's IP to see if it's fit or not. Although UK is doing well tho a better option would be Germany, Netherlands or France.
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

S. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by S. Fri May 21, 2021 8:41 am

Bloodedge wrote:
3more wrote:although egypt isn't very far away from turkey, i get so bad ping in turkey host lol. and that could be for all north africans

Same here, I get 150 ping in one of the Turkey hosted servers on the masterlist It has [TR] tag so it's not hard to miss.

Anyways like 3more and Angel mentioned, your distance to the server isn't actually everything, while it plays a big part. There is also the routing factor which you failed to mention. From my personal experience I'm gonna use BABA's server where I mostly get under 100 ping (even tho I am living pretty far from the host) as an example that routing plays a bigger part than distance too. I also get lower pings to EU servers than Bahrain and some Dubai ISPs (Not all of them) when I am literally only living ardund 2000 KM away lol.

@VK.Angel.OfDeath if you ever consider changing the host location, I guess it'd be better if you host a test server and had multiple people from around the world ping it's IP to see if it's fit or not. Although UK is doing well tho a better option would be Germany, Netherlands or France.
I get 75-120 ping in BABA's server from the current ISP I'm using but in other ISPs, I get 180-250 ping there even tho it's located near my country, so definately ISPs have a BIG role in it. And I also get 280+ ping in that Turkey hosted server. So, won't be a good idea to change server location to Turkey.
S.
S.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Bloodedge likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 薄霧. Fri May 21, 2021 10:00 am

VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:Damn man interesting information you collected here. You seem to have put a lot of time into it which is why I would like to ask you in the future discuss a suggestion first before you put so much effort into it. I got a few points/questions

2. You said 90 % ping increase are you sure about that? How did you calculate it?¨
3. We do not know for sure there won't be an ISP issues or stuff for people with a host from turkey.
4. Are all our current players really from those areas? Will everyone get a ping improvement? That's hard to estimate actually. We have to consider the regular players we still got playing on the server. If we change the host it will most likely negatively impact 25 % or even more, who will get a worse ping. We might lose some regular players and in returns we might also not gain any players.
5. Baba's server still got a better location for indian and Pakistan players (his host is in India) and he has been rather successful in building a playerbase. Pro players usually play in servers with a french or England based host. Pro players usually don't play here anyways since DMing isn't optimal here for them. Indian and Pakistan players would still have a closer host.

So I am not sure how we can gain players this way even though it's an interesting suggestion. Hard for me to put it into words but maybe we can have a discussion if you'd like.

Firstly I'll say that I didn't really put that much effort into it, I just did it because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Like the others mentioned, ISP and other factors should be taken into consideration which I did not, since like I said I didn't really put much effort into it, I just tried to determine the location closest to the highest density of VC players. Also, I didn't say that we would get a 90% ping decrease, since that would be insanely good, I said that we would get a slight decrease in ping for 90% of the playerbase, since over time I checked location and found that about 1/10 people were in a location where the host location change would make them at a longer distance. About your third point, like I said if I give the example of a player who lives in mid Europe and get about 40 ping, they would benefit if they got about a 100 ping and fought players who used to have 300 but now have closer to 100. I found a database a time ago which showed the country of all players playing on VCMP servers, which I couldn't find now, but I checked on it that most of the players were from South Asia. Almost half the player base is from there. I'm also not suggesting moving completely to South Asia, Turkey is in Europe and is as far away from UK as it is from Pakistan, which is the mid-point of most VCMP players. I'm not looking to seek benefit for some players which can lead to negative externalities for others, however my idea was meant to provide a mutually beneficial situation.

Though like I said, I did not account for other technical factors apart from the location, which is why I may be wrong. However, isn't ISP an issue on the player's end?
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat May 29, 2021 11:44 am

薄霧. wrote:
VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:Damn man interesting information you collected here. You seem to have put a lot of time into it which is why I would like to ask you in the future discuss a suggestion first before you put so much effort into it. I got a few points/questions

Firstly I'll say that I didn't really put that much effort into it, I just did it because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Like the others mentioned, ISP and other factors should be taken into consideration which I did not, since like I said I didn't really put much effort into it, I just tried to determine the location closest to the highest density of VC players. Also, I didn't say that we would get a 90% ping decrease, since that would be insanely good, I said that we would get a slight decrease in ping for 90% of the playerbase, since over time I checked location and found that about 1/10 people were in a location where the host location change would make them at a longer distance. About your third point, like I said if I give the example of a player who lives in mid Europe and get about 40 ping, they would benefit if they got about a 100 ping and fought players who used to have 300 but now have closer to 100. I found a database a time ago which showed the country of all players playing on VCMP servers, which I couldn't find now, but I checked on it that most of the players were from South Asia. Almost half the player base is from there. I'm also not suggesting moving completely to South Asia, Turkey is in Europe and is as far away from UK as it is from Pakistan, which is the mid-point of most VCMP players. I'm not looking to seek benefit for some players which can lead to negative externalities for others, however my idea was meant to provide a mutually beneficial situation.

Though like I said, I did not account for other technical factors apart from the location, which is why I may be wrong. However, isn't ISP an issue on the player's end?

Overall it's a good idea. However, with the ISP thing, I have never hosted anything in turkey or heard of anyone hosting there. We do not know what issues are relating to that. Plus I am not in a position right now where I feel it's good to change host. I want to change for the benefits of being able to include more plugins but we have to see about it in the future.

Right now something we forget: We got a host that works and have worked for years. It's not perfect but it has hosted our server for a long time and there haven't been many outages.

I will probably close this suggestion unless you got something else to add. I thank you for the effort though with the topic (even though you said you didn't do much, it's still a lot).
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down