VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Vice War X: The Starfish Showdown
by Dracula^ Today at 2:50 pm

» [Accepted] Unban Appeal
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 am

» [Solved] Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading I_vote_lcap[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading I_voting_bar[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6454)
[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading I_vote_lcap[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading I_voting_bar[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1950 registered users
The newest registered user is VCPR_850

Our users have posted a total of 217823 messages in 16810 subjects
Top posting users this month
Dracula^

Top posting users this week
Dracula^

[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading

4 posters

Go down

[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading Empty [Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading

Post by VandCazane Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:40 pm

/fix shouldn't work if cars are on fire
/gotoloc shouldn't work if you have just ejected out of a car (need to wait at least 10 seconds to teleport, that way if someone falls from a burning helicopter via eject he cannot gotoloc to escape)

a way easier fix would be:

/heal, /gotoloc should instead require you to stand still, not freeze you, that way you can prevent upcoming attacks + death evading will be less likely to happen (via pause)

Note by Angel: THese suggestions were already implemented to some degree that I feel is good now.
VandCazane
VandCazane
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading Empty Re: [Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading

Post by Pavonis Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:04 am

+1, the /heal is annoying. /heal would require you to stay in same pos for 5 seconds but shouldn't just freeze us since then we can't defend ourself. And if we move from the position the heal process gets canceled.
Pavonis
Pavonis
Ultra Legendary

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading Empty Re: [Accepted] some tweaks anti-death evading

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:34 am

VandCazane wrote:/fix shouldn't work if cars are on fire
/gotoloc shouldn't work if you have just ejected out of a car (need to wait at least 10 seconds to teleport, that way if someone falls from a burning helicopter via eject he cannot gotoloc to escape)

a way easier fix would be:

/heal, /gotoloc should instead require you to stand still, not freeze you, that way you can prevent upcoming attacks + death evading will be less likely to happen (via pause)

/fix already works like that if you've made one driveby kill after you've spawned. If you haven't you can still do it? What does this lead to
Normal people just driving around who doesn't wanna fight gets a better chance at escaping. Drivebyers with the exception of when they driveby before their first kill gets it harder to evade.

The problem with the eject thing is that there are so many commands to teleport you. I do not see how it will not make people teleport. If you down my heli I'll just run away from you for 10 seconds and then teleport.

Are we talking about hunter/sea sparrow evades? Because I am considering probably removing it. Since people are anyways hiding them away in properties and at locations you can't reach.

Pavonis wrote:+1, the /heal is annoying. /heal would require you to stay in same pos for 5 seconds but shouldn't just freeze us since then we can't defend ourself. And if we move from the position the heal process gets canceled.

Let me first explain my excuse for the freeze not relating to scripting and why I made it like that originally. The reason was that I did not want people to do it after every kill and punish people who try to do it when they are not supposed to do it. So if you get killed while healing you shouldn't have healed, to begin with and instead continued to fight. Imagine we are fighting. You get my HP down to 10. I start running, I am a bit of a lagger. You stop to shoot me with m4, every time you do that I gain more distance on you. The person tries to /heal now that he has gained some distance, then after 3 seconds he has to move because you get too close. This repeats until he eventually manages to run away from you long enough so he can stand still for 5 seconds. This is an evading situation that is probably the most annoying, to be honest! If we have freeze here the player would be punished for trying to heal when he is not supposed to.

That was the original reason. Things change of course and we have to be open to new things. The second thing is that I haven't found a system that works for VKs. I experimented with this a few years ago. Problems I see, not all are big or worthy to ignore this with:

1. If you fall in the water. This standing still thing wouldn't work. Freeze actually prevents you from drowning. Most of you know that it's an evade to do this while someone is fighting you. I understand that this might solve that, but it would also make it more annoying for people teleporting to their friends in a boat and so on. The solution would probably be for players who don't fight to be treated differently, but I am still unsure about it.

2. Falling from the sky. You're technically moving so you won't be able to teleport away. In other servers this might not be a problem but for VKs it would be annoying. Lots of properties are in the sky and there is some location that takes you to spots in the air. There is probably some way for me to detect this, but I remember when I did this people could still do drown evades while the innocent players got punished.

3. You can't teleport/Heal on moving vehicles, objects or anything that moves in general. I think people would find it annoying that they could no longer do. So I would have to solve that.

4. The risk with lag and moving in anyway while you do /heal. If I slightly move or stop and then right away did /gotoloc the command would cancel because I moved. I found it happening a lot and couldn't really find a solution that didn't allow players to move for some time after typing the command.

So these are some issues I am facing just wanted to bring that up for discussion. I am open to do this change but I want everyone to be aware of this information and that if I can not resolve some of these 4 issues I can not add it because it would annoy you even more.

VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VandCazane Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:02 pm

by what angel pointed out with /heal while drown... facepalm, so you actually encourage drown evading? and other type of evades with this?

with falling from sky thingy, you can actually make it so that when you exit a prop, you spawn at the original team spawn location, or at random spawn points on radar, so that this can be avoided

about /fix, if u fixed it then it's gud, but problem si that this should be same with heli kills, becacuse there's faggot players who /fix vehicle to escape, or use /gotoloc to evade
VandCazane
VandCazane
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:01 pm

VandCazane wrote:by what angel pointed out with /heal while drown... facepalm, so you actually encourage drown evading? and other type of evades with this?

with falling from sky thingy, you can actually make it so that when you exit a prop, you spawn at the original team spawn location, or at random spawn points on radar, so that this can be avoided

about /fix, if u fixed it then it's gud, but problem si that this should be same with heli kills, becacuse there's faggot players who /fix vehicle to escape, or use /gotoloc to evade

No I do not encourage it. It's against the rules.

Yes for a property I can do that of course. But what if you teleport to a player in the air, a location in the air, or whatever. Are you just supposed to wait until you hit the ground?

About /fix I have actually not seen any heli-blade killers in a long time so didn't really consider this. I'll make it a spree thing instead of a driveby thing. Anyone with a spree equal to 1 or higher, can not fix the heli while it's burning up. That will make it fairer hopefully.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by VandCazane Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:19 am

ye ideally what i suggested with /fix.. or you could make it so that you can't /gotoloc for 3 seconds after you did /eject

for player teleport in air.. well, kind of bad yes, but think that there will be no reason a player is in the air initially, if he is, he will need to wait until he hits the ground as the consequence of trying to troll other players, and THAT will prevent such situations. do not try to give too many chances to players, players instead should try to adapt to conditions of anti death-evading.. dunno, re-consider this because, as i said, these 2 situations (player randomly falling in air and a guy who teleports to him) cancel each other out, no reason for both to be in air knowing it's hard to escape from there..

also, falling from sky is pretty bad too imo, because this is just a way that player can avoid getting found by other players.. so basically it has GOT to go.
VandCazane
VandCazane
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 am

VandCazane wrote:ye ideally what i suggested with /fix.. or you could make it so that you can't /gotoloc for 3 seconds after you did /eject

for player teleport in air.. well, kind of bad yes, but think that there will be no reason a player is in the air initially, if he is, he will need to wait until he hits the ground as the consequence of trying to troll other players, and THAT will prevent such situations. do not try to give too many chances to players, players instead should try to adapt to conditions of anti death-evading.. dunno, re-consider this because, as i said, these 2 situations (player randomly falling in air and a guy who teleports to him) cancel each other out, no reason for both to be in air knowing it's hard to escape from there..

also, falling from sky is pretty bad too imo, because this is just a way that player can avoid getting found by other players.. so basically it has GOT to go.

About the /eject and fix thing. I'll put it on my list.

About the air thing. I just see many annoyances with it. What if I teleport to someone in the air that is flying around. I have to wait until I land. I just see it an inconvenience for players that do follow the rules. I do not want to punish players who don't evade. But I'll see if I can come up with something, but I just see there being even more unfair evades with this.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by 薄霧. Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:56 am

VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:
VandCazane wrote:ye ideally what i suggested with /fix.. or you could make it so that you can't /gotoloc for 3 seconds after you did /eject

About the /eject and fix thing. I'll put it on my list.

About the air thing. I just see many annoyances with it. What if I teleport to someone in the air that is flying around. I have to wait until I land. I just see it an inconvenience for players that do follow the rules. I do not want to punish players who don't evade. But I'll see if I can come up with something, but I just see there being even more unfair evades with this.

Suggestion accepted.

Locked.
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down