VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by CYBORG Today at 8:48 am

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by SpiderMan.NWH Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:39 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

» [Accepted] Player Report - [GFr]Gaming^Pro
by LOGiC ™ Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:02 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. I_vote_lcapOctober 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. I_voting_barOctober 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6451)
October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. I_vote_lcapOctober 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. I_voting_barOctober 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1941 registered users
The newest registered user is WARLOCK

Our users have posted a total of 217811 messages in 16808 subjects
Top posting users this month
CYBORG
SpiderMan.NWH
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Top posting users this week
CYBORG
VK.Angel.OfDeath

October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby.

Go down

October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. Empty October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby.

Rel006
I've mentioned this in many replies, but I don't think I've mentioned it in a news update. All optimizations I wanted to finish for since the last public beta has been finished. I've improved the relative resizing as well as making the text more readable.

What stands between us and a rel006 release? I'll try to explain the best way I can, scripting wise from my side nothing I mean I can add GUI at more places, but the script is ready for a release. So what's the thing stopping it? Good old VC-MP. There is a bug in VC-MP that is only present in VK that other servers have simply been able to avoid, but we can't (as far as I know). That bug is with the download rate increasing when you're unspawned. What does that mean? More internet usage, possibly a lot of lag for people with poor PCs. What's causing this? The camera! When you're unspawned and in selfie mode (F11) there is a camera that looks at your character. For some reason, if that camera is in a certain area your lag will keep increasing.  How do we solve it? People have suggested we change the spawn location screen, but I just can't accept that because I freaking love our spawn screen. I'll do my best to see if I can work around it somehow.

For now, the release is probably still for patch 5.0. I don't know if patch 4.7, 4.8 or even 4.9 will come out before then, but for now, I am going to work on rel006 occasionally and look into a fix when I have time. I'll not make any promises and please do not try to stress me about it. We can't release until this bug is either fixed by VC-MP themselves or I find a way around it. In the meantime I'll work on more GUI, together with the patch update and at the same time I try to find a fix.

BOD 2
BOD 2 will take a long time to complete it will be huge. I'll be working on it while I release the next couple of patches. Thanks to Qais I've been able to build most of the map for it, I got all NPCs I need. I just need to start making the script which will probably take a long time to finish. Btw just a fun inside joke for those who read this: Anyone who replies to this topic by quoting another reply is confirmed gay.

Custom content
Qais has given me lots of content for BOD 2 that I'll be using, but unfortunately, Qais is quite busy nowadays and might not be able to provide me with much custom content. So far I have some custom content left, but I could always use more. If you any custom content that you want to be added on VKs let me know. Even if I don't receive any I still got at least one site to get them at. Found a really cool bike that will be next in terms of custom content.

Busy
I am most likely going to become busier nowadays due to it being my final months studying at the university. Hope you guys enjoy the game and stick with me.

Future patch updates
I am kinda tired of pushing out big patches with huge new things all the time like once every month and such. I get a little stressed and it is not as fun anymore to release huge patches. I will still be making them, but I will release suggestions, bug fixes, and other content from time to time to fill out the time most likely. We'll see.

What I have planned in terms of content is the ambulance job and one other regular job (not story based). That will come whenever I have time and feel like releasing them.

How many patches are there left in 2018? 1-2. That's all I can promise.

How many patches left in total? Hopefully a lot. I have things planned for secret of VKs + BOD that will bring the end to Desmond Miles, eventually. Will Desmond's defeat be the last of the patch updates? Probably not, but hopefully we'll last that far so I can give you guys a conclusion. So far we're getting to the good part soon, but perhaps not the ending just yet.

Driveby question
Here's my official stance on whether or not we should disable it or not. You guys think so and I don't. This is how I analyze the situation

Big insight here: When you're in a boss role you need to know when to listen to your guts and listen to the people. That's the hardest part of being a leader.

There are always two options:

1. Sometimes I am right and you're wrong.

2. Sometimes I am wrong and you're right.

Which one is it for this question? I don't know, I need more thinking and discussion to determine that. Maybe I won't even be able to determine that at all. I am not perfect. Just know that I am aware of both options and I am thinking about it. I will not always make the right decision and we might have to discuss how to solve that.

October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. Angel-10
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. :: Comments

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 pm by h

What does BOD 2 stand for? Question Question

Back to top Go down

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:31 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Battle of the dummies 2. It's a command in-game do /bod. Ok I see what you did there, you're trying to get me to quote a reply Razz

Back to top Go down

Los

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:16 pm by Los

nice update btw i didnt complete bod 1 so bod 2 is useless for me ofc it will be super hard

Back to top Go down

Chuck Norris

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:23 pm by Chuck Norris

Los, you can complete BOD 1 now. It's been made much easier. I am not sure I'll require that you complete BOD 1 to participate in BOD 2, but you're definitely going to have to get a lot of the NPC upgrades (/npcrewards, which requires you to make it to at least round 40) If you want to stand a chance.

Back to top Go down

IceBlood

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:27 pm by IceBlood

Good Luck Angel.

Back to top Go down

GeoGeo

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:00 pm by GeoGeo

nice and it's better to discuss drive-by in drive-by suggestion topic as it's already open till we get to any conclusion

Back to top Go down

D4rKR420R

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:02 pm by D4rKR420R

I got your back, Angel. ^-^

Back to top Go down

Chuck Norris

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:36 pm by Chuck Norris

GeoGeo wrote:nice and it's better to discuss drive-by in drive-by suggestion topic as it's already open till we get to any conclusion

True, was just bringing it up here because of some people having concern that I don't listen to suggestions.

As I said in my reply: You either go by your guts or what people are saying.

You should never do both because sometimes your guts are right and sometimes people are right. Being a leader is trying to figure out which one is right for every situation. You will never always make the right decision though, so we have to hope we can reach an agreement.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:54 pm by Guest

http://prntscr.com/lai3jk

nice one

Back to top Go down

LOGiC ™

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:55 pm by LOGiC ™

ready to face bod 2 Cool

Back to top Go down

BlackOps_Killer

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:40 pm by BlackOps_Killer

MaSoN^ wrote:http://prntscr.com/lai3jk

nice one
No gay pls.

Back to top Go down

=SdS=Celestia

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:07 am by =SdS=Celestia

Driveby? Why change it?
It's the part which I love best in the server.

Back to top Go down

Pavonis

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:06 am by Pavonis

Chuck Norris wrote:
GeoGeo wrote:nice and it's better to discuss drive-by in drive-by suggestion topic as it's already open till we get to any conclusion

True, was just bringing it up here because of some people having concern that I don't listen to suggestions.

You should never do both because sometimes your guts are right and sometimes people are right. Being a leader is trying to figure out which one is right for every situation. You will never always make the right decision though, so we have to hope we can reach an agreement.
Angel = Gay confirmed.
Nice update, tho.

Back to top Go down

Chuck Norris

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 am by Chuck Norris

Pavonis wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:

Angel = Gay confirmed.
Nice update, tho.  

You too Pavonis

Back to top Go down

Pavonis

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:04 am by Pavonis

ROFL. That was a pure dumb thing of me. :c

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:28 am by h

Blackops, chuck Norris, and Pavonis gay confirmed. Razz

Back to top Go down

BlackOps_Killer

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:42 am by BlackOps_Killer

Helathien wrote:Blackops, chuck Norris, and Pavonis gay confirmed. Razz
Not out loud please , jeez! xd

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 am by Thunder_B!rd

VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:Rel006

Driveby question
Here's my official stance on whether or not we should disable it or not. You guys think so and I don't. This is how I analyze the situation

Big insight here: When you're in a boss role you need to know when to listen to your guts and listen to the people. That's the hardest part of being a leader.

There are always two options:

1. Sometimes I am right and you're wrong.

2. Sometimes I am wrong and you're right.

Which one is it for this question? I don't know, I need more thinking and discussion to determine that. Maybe I won't even be able to determine that at all. I am not perfect. Just know that I am aware of both options and I am thinking about it. I will not always make the right decision and we might have to discuss how to solve that.
Now you are being cock sucker. Why don't you just say that you ain't gonna disable the shit?

Back to top Go down

3more

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 am by 3more

Good update i cant wait to try new patches and BTW Goodluck with your studies Angel i hope you do well ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

UmaR

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 pm by UmaR

Just disable camera selfie mode while unspawned.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:55 pm by h

@Umar I think what he means is the Camera Position at the spawn screen. this <CamPos x="" y="" z=""/>

Back to top Go down

Sami

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:35 pm by Sami

Add nude girls and don't do anything with the F*cking driveby Smile

Back to top Go down

Chuck Norris

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:21 pm by Chuck Norris

Umar wrote:Just disable camera selfie mode while unspawned.

Lol not possible.

Back to top Go down

Pavonis

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:21 pm by Pavonis

Don't you dare to disable drive-by.

Back to top Go down

Chuck Norris

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:41 pm by Chuck Norris

Pavonis wrote:Don't you dare to disable drive-by.
My own personal stance on driveby: "I would not be okay with disabling it"

So far no one has fully convinced me to change my stance on the subject.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:53 pm by h

Chuck Norris wrote:

October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. 2l8ctq[/url]

Convincing enough?

Back to top Go down

Pavonis

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 pm by Pavonis

Helathien = Gay Confirmed. BTW, nice meme. :v

Back to top Go down

Chuck Norris

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:26 pm by Chuck Norris

Helathien wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:

October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. 2l8ctq[/url]

Convincing enough?
October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. 2l8mgg

Out memed.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:00 pm by h

Chuck Norris wrote:
Helathien wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:

Convincing enough?
October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. 2l8mgg

Out memed.

wut?
(this meme template is not available on the internet) Razz
October 2018 Updates 2 - Rel006, BOD 2, Custom content, Busy, future patch updates, driveby. Downlo10

Back to top Go down

Los

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:11 pm by Los

Fok u guys no make fun of my wife angel she is working hard for updates let her take her time to do it..she is busy with me these days thats why its taking time for rel06

Back to top Go down

Pavonis

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 am by Pavonis

Angel & Hela = Gay confirmed.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down