VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 am

» [Solved] Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
[Closed] report - shadowjack I_vote_lcap[Closed] report - shadowjack I_voting_bar[Closed] report - shadowjack I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6454)
[Closed] report - shadowjack I_vote_lcap[Closed] report - shadowjack I_voting_bar[Closed] report - shadowjack I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1946 registered users
The newest registered user is the_avid_gamer

Our users have posted a total of 217818 messages in 16809 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

[Closed] report - shadowjack

+2
SJHere
?????????
6 posters

Go down

[Closed] report - shadowjack Empty [Closed] report - shadowjack

Post by ????????? Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Your in-game name: [on]hunting
Rulebreaker (in-game name):shadowjack
Date and time of Rulebreaking:today
What did he do? Describe please:muting without a valid reason

Players who witnessed the violation (in-game names): [f2]don_bradman

Any links to screenshots you took as evidence: [Closed] report - shadowjack KfTHlj7
I was sending "fake messages" as don and as you can see don bradman was completely ok with was I was doing, and I've told jack, he ignored what I've said and did opposite.
?????????
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

[Closed] report - shadowjack Empty Re: [Closed] report - shadowjack

Post by SJHere Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:30 pm

You are still not allowed to do this because it's a rulebreak and there's no such written statement on rules that you need to take any player's permission first.In fact,you were trying to provoke Don to attempt rulebreak which is disallowed too.
SJHere
Server Admin
Server Admin

Informant INFORMANT

Back to top Go down

Post by ????????? Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:38 pm

ShadowJacK. wrote:You are still not allowed to do this because it's a rulebreak and there's no such written statement on rules that you need to take any player's permission first.In fact,you were trying to provoke Don to attempt rulebreak which is disallowed too.
if you have player's permission to impersonate him, it's ok
?????????
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ЧК. Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:44 pm

ShadowJacK. wrote:You are still not allowed to do this because it's a rulebreak and there's no such written statement on rules that you need to take any player's permission first.In fact,you were trying to provoke Don to attempt rulebreak which is disallowed too.

"You're not allowed to create messages in the chat or in any place where you can put messages that makes it seem like it's from the server or from another player (unless that player gives you their permission or is okay with it). Anyone caught doing this should be verbally warned on the first offense and muted on the second offense."
ЧК.
ЧК.
Manager & Forum Admin
Manager & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Go the rules. The impersonation rule was recently changed to only include the name you set in the VC-MP browser as impersonation.

"Impersonating: Impersonating includes using a name as your ingame nickname (set in VC:MP browser settings) in the server which differs only, from another already existing name owned by a VCMP player, with 0-3 letters (excluding a clan tag if it is registered in VKs) depending on the case. This rule does not apply if the staff doesn't find any similarity between the both names or if the person who is being impersonated is okay with it. Players that are caught breaking this rule should be offered a stats transfer and get warned, kicked or banned. If a player is impersonating an admin from the VKs staff or a VCMP developer (users in the Developers group on forum.vc-mp.org) then the severity is increased as it puts the server at risk and therefore a direct permanent ban should be issued."

Instead this rule you're referring to jack has been moved to the newly created "Fake Server Message" rule.

"Fake messages: You're not allowed to create messages in the chat or in any place where you can put messages that makes it seem like it's from the server or from another player (unless that player gives you their permission or is okay with it). Anyone caught doing this should be verbally warned on the first offense and muted on the second offense. "

Either way, Hunting was actually correctly muted because he used [Action] followed by the players name which is a server message. You're not allowed to make fake server messages anymore Hunting.

However if hunting just makes it appear as if Don is typing something (basically just remove the [Action] part) then he is allowed to do that ONLY if he has Don's permission.

I want hunting and Jack both to confirm this. I am sending this reply to the staff so we don't get anymore confusions. It's important that every admin is notified of these new rules.

Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris
Secret Intelligence Agent of the Community

https://vkserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:46 pm

ЧК. wrote:

"You're not allowed to create messages in the chat or in any place where you can put messages that makes it seem like it's from the server or from another player (unless that player gives you their permission or is okay with it). Anyone caught doing this should be verbally warned on the first offense and muted on the second offense."

Read my reply you're wrong. [Action] followed by the players name is a server message. I understand the confusion but anything that goes through a command is a server message. Everything that is typed through just the chat is not a server message. By at least my definition.
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by SJHere Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Chuck Norris wrote:Go the rules. The impersonation rule was recently changed to only include the name you set in the VC-MP browser as impersonation.

"Impersonating: Impersonating includes using a name as your ingame nickname (set in VC:MP browser settings) in the server which differs only, from another already existing name owned by a VCMP player, with 0-3 letters (excluding a clan tag if it is registered in VKs) depending on the case. This rule does not apply if the staff doesn't find any similarity between the both names or if the person who is being impersonated is okay with it. Players that are caught breaking this rule should be offered a stats transfer and get warned, kicked or banned. If a player is impersonating an admin from the VKs staff or a VCMP developer (users in the Developers group on forum.vc-mp.org) then the severity is increased as it puts the server at risk and therefore a direct permanent ban should be issued."

Instead this rule you're referring to jack has been moved to the newly created "Fake Server Message" rule.

"Fake messages: You're not allowed to create messages in the chat or in any place where you can put messages that makes it seem like it's from the server or from another player (unless that player gives you their permission or is okay with it). Anyone caught doing this should be verbally warned on the first offense and muted on the second offense.  "

Either way, Hunting was actually correctly muted because he used [Action] followed by the players name which is a server message. You're not allowed to make fake server messages anymore Hunting.

However if hunting just makes it appear as if Don is typing something (basically just remove the [Action] part) then he is allowed to do that ONLY if he has Don's permission.

I want hunting and Jack both to confirm this. I am sending this reply to the staff so we don't get anymore confusions. It's important that every admin is notified of these new rules.

It doesn't matter if he puts [Action] or not.His purpose is to insult players by taking player's permission which is provoking act.
SJHere
Server Admin
Server Admin

Informant INFORMANT

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:01 pm

ShadowJacK. wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:Go the rules. The impersonation rule was recently changed to only include the name you set in the VC-MP browser as impersonation.

"Fake messages: You're not allowed to create messages in the chat or in any place where you can put messages that makes it seem like it's from the server or from another player (unless that player gives you their permission or is okay with it). Anyone caught doing this should be verbally warned on the first offense and muted on the second offense.  "

It doesn't matter if he puts [Action] or not.His purpose is to insult players by taking player's permission which is provoking act.

This is entirely about the fake mssage / impersonation rule. He is saying it to Don which is okay with it. However hunting is not allowed to fake a message, which /me is. I would want it for people like Hunting to shut up, but there isn't a rule that can get him to stop insulting his friends yet. But it's clear he is doing this to cause trouble for the staff, it's time like this that I wished the golden rule that said: If you're doing something wrong, that you know is wrong or that the majority of the staff members think is wrong you can get punished. Unfortunately we removed that rule. Keep track on who Hunting insults and get proof that he insults people that are not okay with it (a few) then he can be punished.
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Sucker Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:12 pm

[13:32:40] Private (to [F2]Don_Bradman): Are you okay with hunting fake messaging about you?
[13:32:47] Private: [F2]Don_Bradman: He isnt
[13:32:48] Private: [EK]SiGNaL: if that was a fake message look alike server message and the person who got impersonated have problem then go for report or its a no
[13:33:03] Private (to [F2]Don_Bradman): [ACTION] The Great B*tch [F2]Don_Bradman is fucker
[13:33:08] Private (to [F2]Don_Bradman): What is that then?
[13:33:24] Private: [F2]Don_Bradman: Im totally ok with it

Blood Sucker
Blood Sucker
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Blood Sucker wrote:[13:32:40]  Private (to [F2]Don_Bradman): Are you okay with hunting fake messaging about you?
[13:32:47]  Private: [F2]Don_Bradman: He isnt
[13:32:48]  Private: [EK]SiGNaL: if that was a fake message look alike server message and the person who got impersonated have problem then go for report or its a no
[13:33:03]  Private (to [F2]Don_Bradman): [ACTION] The Great B*tch [F2]Don_Bradman is fucker
[13:33:08]  Private (to [F2]Don_Bradman): What is that then?
[13:33:24]  Private: [F2]Don_Bradman: Im totally ok with it

It was a server message and not a player message. Hunting had [Action] next to it which means that he is faking the server messages sent by /me, which is not allowed at all.
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by ????????? Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:08 pm

/care
the rules atm are worse than a labyrinth which is why I will not play here until everything is cleared up

in short time we'll have ec's copy here instead of old vks which is totally disappointing

insults rule what the f uck, you're playing a 2002 year old game and still can't bear those insults? or you implement it so raged kids like rainbow and vampire won't smash their computers?

about action, I don't understand how is it any different than impersonating someone via normal chat message, it's completely same thing, but you're just lost in a blurr to see there is no difference either you insult that guy directly, via fake message or via fake server message if he's totally ok with trolling.
?????????
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ЧК. Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Chuck Norris wrote:
ЧК. wrote:

Read my reply you're wrong. [Action] followed by the players name is a server message. I understand the confusion but anything that goes through a command is a server message. Everything that is typed through just the chat is not a server message. By at least my definition.

Didn’t read ‘Action” in red color over black background, little colorblind. xdd
ЧК.
ЧК.
Manager & Forum Admin
Manager & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:35 pm

HunTinG wrote:/care
the rules atm are worse than a labyrinth which is why I will not play here until everything is cleared up

in short time we'll have ec's copy here instead of old vks which is totally disappointing

insults rule what the f uck, you're playing a 2002 year old game and still can't bear those insults? or you implement it so raged kids like rainbow and vampire  won't smash their computers?

about action, I don't understand how is it any different than impersonating someone via normal chat message, it's completely same thing, but you're just lost in a blurr to see there is no difference either you insult that guy directly, via fake message or via fake server message if he's totally ok with trolling.

You're not allowed to fake my server messages that's the point. Yes /me is not as serious, but we have to draw the line somewhere man. You have to also realize this is your own fault. You're 100 % responsible for the addition of this rule, because everyone who voted for adding the rule did it because of the way you've been using fake messages. If we try another definition there might be some misunderstandings and even more confusion.

I was even against this rule a few weeks ago, but you changed my mind.
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by ????????? Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Chuck Norris wrote:

insults rule what the f uck, you're playing a 2002 year old game and still can't bear those insults? or you implement it so raged kids like rainbow and vampire  won't smash their computers?

You're not allowed to fake my server messages that's the point. Yes /me is not as serious, but we have to draw the line somewhere man. You have to also realize this is your own fault. You're 100 % responsible for the addition of this rule, because everyone who voted for adding the rule did it because of the way you've been using fake messages. If we try another definition there might be some misunderstandings and even more confusion.

by implementing these shitty rules you'll mess the server up and eventually end like those suckers from European City.

I warned you about this and you didn't listen, it's your choice what you want to do next, I'm not putting my nose in anymore.
?????????
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:47 pm

HunTinG wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:

by implementing these shitty rules you'll mess the server up and eventually end like those suckers from European City.

I warned you about this and you didn't listen, it's your choice what you want to do next, I'm not putting my nose in anymore.

You're the only one with that opinion. People are getting tired by players who fool other players into thinking a server message is sent by a player. What if someone uses my name similar to how you do it to tell them to send their passwords somewhere else or to /q because the server is restarting. That hurts the server and it hurts me to allow it. You can argue that idiots should know better, but I care about idiots too and I want to keep them protected on the server as well.

Once again you're the one who is responsibible for this rule. By keep trying to cross the line you're just going to force this on us. You don't need to make fake server messages. Me disallowing server messages are not censorship. I own the server and the messages, I can say that you're not allowed to use them.

So once again you can provide me with some counter arguments for this rule and I will listen. What you said before only claims that I am wrong and we're turning into EC, even though you don't tell me what's wrong about it and take into account that I don't play on other servers.
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by ????????? Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Chuck Norris wrote:
HunTinG wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:

You're the only one with that opinion. People are getting tired by players who fool other players into thinking a server message is sent by a player. What if someone uses my name similar to how you do it to tell them to send their passwords somewhere else or to /q because the server is restarting. That hurts the server and it hurts me to allow it. You can argue that idiots should know better, but I care about idiots too and I want to keep them protected on the server as well.

Once again you're the one who is responsibible for this rule. By keep trying to cross the line you're just going to force this on us. You don't need to make fake server messages. Me disallowing server messages are not censorship. I own the server and the messages, I can say that you're not allowed to use them.

So once again you can provide me with some counter arguments for this rule and I will listen. What you said before only claims that I am wrong and we're turning into EC, even though you don't tell me what's wrong about it and take into account that I don't play on other servers.

the only thing wrong is the rules are too harsh here.
- there shouldn't be an insult rule at all as long as there is /ignore command (a player can be ignored by whole server if they feel offended).
- there shouldn't be any difference between fake message rule - just say either it's allowed or not, don't make confusions between sending fake server messages and sending fake player messages, there's not such a big difference
?????????
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:11 pm

HunTinG wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:
HunTinG wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:

the only thing wrong is the rules are too harsh here.
- there shouldn't be an insult rule at all as long as there is /ignore command (a player can be ignored by whole server if they feel offended).
- there shouldn't be any difference between fake message rule - just say either it's allowed or not, don't make confusions between sending fake server messages and sending fake player messages, there's not such a big difference

Hunting, the insult rule is basically to 95 % use /ignore. What's the other procentage? Well here it is:
- If you for example ignore me and I keep creating new accounts to evade that /ignore and force you to do it again, then that's a called /ignore evade and we don't allow that. We haven't had any reports of this however. Do you think this is bad, yes or no?
- If a player insults a lot of players? Why is this bad. Please consider this case. Someone plays on the server just to insult and harass people. If I am that someone I keep saying: F*ck you, F*ck your mom and other horrible things to almost every player I encounter. The only thing I do on the server is insult and harass people. Now you might be saying why not use /ignore? Good question, it's very simple we don't want those type of players in our server. Why? Mainly because it has the risk of people quiting the server instead of doing ignore. That's bad dude and we don't want that. Plus someone doing that, why do we want them on the server to begin with? They're not adding anything to the server and no one likes them, you could say it's the opposite instead that players might get an opinion that VKs is a toxic community and want to stay away from it.

You claim that you want to joke around with your friends so be it we can allow that, but don't be a random stranger insulting another random stranger, because that might hurt the server.

I hope you understand my opinion. If you have any opinion about why a person who act like that should be allowed on the server tell me. This is a free game and we don't need toxic people. The whole point of that rule is to get rid of the really toxic people who can't behave properly.

About the fake server message: I agree to 100 % with you for now. I am going to discuss it with other people and say what they think. It's kinda rather confusing I have to admit.

Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by SJHere Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 pm

I guess,the case is already solved.If it is,then make a decision in this report now.
SJHere
Server Admin
Server Admin

Informant INFORMANT

Back to top Go down

Post by ????????? Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 pm

ok I understand lock it, sasquatch is on the loose for now
?????????
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Closed then. Since the misunderstanding has been cleared up.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down