VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 am

» [Solved] Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
Server Patch 5.5 I_vote_lcapServer Patch 5.5 I_voting_barServer Patch 5.5 I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6454)
Server Patch 5.5 I_vote_lcapServer Patch 5.5 I_voting_barServer Patch 5.5 I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1944 registered users
The newest registered user is BehlulGLDSA32

Our users have posted a total of 217818 messages in 16809 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Server Patch 5.5

+5
Shafin
SparkeR
h
S.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
9 posters

Go down

Server Patch 5.5 Empty Server Patch 5.5

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:34 am

Note: This is the biggest update so far maybe not in terms of content but this patch has more people than me that works on it.
Credits to: Whome, Frozen, Sparker, Sparrow and Mo for building minigames for this patch
Credits to: Umar for building the 3D label GUI.
Credits to: Dark for updating the JDAM system!

I know we are in big discussions in the voting section and the results are very mixed! Which means that I haven't updated anything regarding to those things, but some of them might be rules or implemented at a later point.

PATCH 5.5

Summary of the big things

- Property variable system part 2 added.
- 3D label system has been added for properties by umar.
- Lots of new minigames and one job has been added.
- JDAM system has received updates.
- Additional suggestion and bug fixes.

DM related things

- Players who spawn and leave a property at the same time should now no longer be spawn killed.
- /fix can no longer be used to evade /freeze
- /nogoto full message is now displayed when you are being teleported to, to help newbies disable it if needed.

Minigame

- Added /searchdestroy by sparrow. The goal is to find and kill the teams NPCs that are hidden on the teams island. The team first kills a significant amount of the other teams NPCs win!
- Added /flattyrerace by Sparrow which is a custom race he made that is now converted to a minigame. Your goal is to reach the finish first, if you fall down you lose. All cars have flat tyres and are hard to control.
- Added /derbydestruction 1-2 (which is also /derby 4-5) by Sparrow and credit to Mo as well for the second derby. The goal is to knock other players down a roof or a custom map. If your car blows up or gets destroy you also lose.
- Added /impossibleparkour which is the parkour sparrow made that no with an insane mind would attempt to finish.

- Added /lms 2 by sparker set at the ammu-nation it has some armour pickups with cooldowns that players are advised to try to reach. The difference between lms 2 and lms 1's weapon selection is that lms 2 doesn't allow spaz.

- /lms 1 now disallows chainsaw to make it a little more fair.
- Certain animation commands are now disabled from /hidekill, /lms and /pubg.
- /arena can no longer be used to evade in minigames/properties.

Job System

- Added a new job /hitman created by Frozen. The game has two parts: /hitman 1-2.
It's rewards can be viewed in /fanrewards. It gives 5 VK tokens upon completion.
- /killbill now gives 3 VK tokens instead of 5 so we are not flooded with 5 VK token jobs. Assume the same thing will happen to /hitman as well in the future. With hitman still giving you 5 VK tokens you're still looking at 3 more VK tokens per day.
- /cardealer can now use weapons to protect themself.
- /cardealer since it's in world 1 will not health back by leaving the minigame.

Property System

Pickups:
- Added /addforpickup for triggering a pickup multiple times. Useful in the variable system. If you're a programmer it's similar to a for loop. It uses a variable server_i to that will increase by 1 each time the pickup is repeated. You define the start value of this and the end value to determine how many times it triggers the pickup.
Start out with /addmsgpickup $server_i$ and then do /addforpickup 0 20 and see the results. The first message will be 0 followed by 1 and so on. This is for now an event staff member only command to test it out first

- Added /addtriggerallpickup <pickup index list> this pickup when entered will trigger the pickup index list for all players similar to autotriggerpickup2. It can also be included in /addtriggerpickup2. This pickup can trigger /addforpickup and be included in all other trigger pickups.

- All /addtriggerpickup commands will now display a list of pickups you can not trigger when you try to trigger them.
- All /addtriggerpickup commands can trigger /addforpickup and /addtriggerallpickup.

- Added /addtelebypickup and /addtelepickup2 has been added that has support for teleporting a player by a certain coordinate or to a certain coordinate. You can use these with the variable system.
- Added /addobjectmovepickup3 and /addobjectmovebypickup2 for teleporting by and to a specific coordinate, has variable system support as well.
- Added /addobjectmovepickup3 and /addobjectmovebypickup2 for teleporting an object by and to a specific coordinate, has variable system support as well.
- Added /addmovepickup2 and /addmovebypickup for teleporting a pickup by and to a specific coordinate, has variable system support as well.

- Added /addvehspawnpickup for temp changing the spawn location of a vehicle in your property.

Other:
- You can now use variables for indexes in /addnpcmovepickup2, /addnpcmovebypickup2, and other new commands.
- /setconvpickup now allows you to put -1 into the command to remove the pickup.
- /setconvpickup now displays if you enter the wrong type of pickup into it.
- /propban no longer works in world 1 properties.
- /addanimpickup is now an alternative to /addanimationpickup.
- Updated the message of /addpropmember to clarify that it doesn't work on a member that has already been added to the property
- The camera pickup message has now been removed since it's very spammy.
- The pickup type ID is now displayed when you enter a pickup. This is mostly only useful for me to help you debug in case you do something wrong.
- Added a message to /addvehenterpickup that it doesn't work if the vehicle is locked

Property GUI (By Umar)

Description:
- You are now able to create 3D labels in properties which are basically large 3D texts.
- It has support for variables but you need to use pickups to do so.
- The limit is 100.
- For now only event staff members can test this.
- It might cause fps lag to use or update, but Umar added a 100 % lag free update. Normal PC users should not see any lag either but low end PC users might, which is why it's important we test it as an event staff only update first.
- Like always its up to every property owner if they want to use this.

Commands:
- /addlabel will give you a GUI that let's you create the 3D label. After creating be sure to press P to save it.
- /editlabel will let you edit the label. Be sure to press p to save it afterwards.
- /removelabel will remove the label.
- /findlabels <distance> works like /findobjects and will display the labels within the distance from the player.
- /addlabelpickup let's you edit a label using a pickup. You can use this to edit your label with variables.

The Zone & Rewards

- The 500 VK token door has now been moved away from the library into a command /buy500vktokendoor. I have made it so the old pickup is still there advertising the command.
- Added two new custom commands that can be bought from the zone:
/wizard and /crazy.
- You can now buy government props in the zone for 250 VK tokens using /buygovernmentprop. Jeremiah zone jr will advertise it (at /reception)
- /secretworldhelp and /libraryhelp now works in minigame (especially the zone)

Admin & Security System

- /aspec and F12 by admins on foot is now logged and messages are sent to all admins when another admin enters F12 on foot.
- Fixed a bug with /setweather and /settime causing an error in the script when entering a text. Mo nerd have been causing this bug to trigger a lot Razz.
- /dm properties are now protected from editing.

Event Staff & Events

- /ehide now works differently for minigames involving cars. Minigames like derbydestruction, flattyrerace, taxirace, tankwar, etc.. will now teleport the vehicle to the office roof when an event staff member uses it. Event staff members are advised to stay in the vehicles and need to exit their vehicle when a winner is claimed in order to end the minigame (you can't teleport back). They can also in certain minigames just jump down from the roof to lose. As of now /falldown can not be given this support, event staff members who are hosting it can simply jump down multiple times to not be part of the top 5 list.
- /addtriggerpickup3 is now a level 1 event staff command.
- /ep messages are no longer seen unless the event staff member is logged in.

JDAM System (made by DarkRazor)

- Fixed a bug where players can no longer lock on Hydras after losing sight in FPV mode.
- Improved visuals & missile-tracking so it can take down Hydras more quicker.
- The FIM92 kill message trigger is more accurate.
- You can no longer lock into someone who's in the same team.

Other

- /spawnwep off now displays a message since one was missing before.
- Mitch's spawn location is now changed to outside the biker bar so he doesn't spawn on the "buy a drink" menu.
- Andri buddy added into /myupgrades.
- Good cop certificate is now added in /myupgrades
- /Credits have been added to Umar for being the GUI creator.
- /Credits have been added to the minigame creators and scripters: Sparrow, Frozen, Whome, Sparker, Umar and Dark.
- The Rainbow Dash weapon now has a rainbow dash icon made by Fanta and requested by Rainbow Dash.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed a bug with /changepickupdelay not working with /changepickupcooldown.
- Fixed a bug with skin 246 displaying null as it's reward text when being unlocked in wod.
- Fixed a bug where /spycamera caused an error in the script when a player left the server while someone was spying.
- Fixed a bug with conditions changing the colors of the entire pickup tex
- Fixed a bug with /addfirepickup spawning fire at the player's position when being autotriggered, not a big deal since there is /addbombpickup2 to replace it anyway.
- Fixed a bug with deleting a fake pickup.
- Fixed a bug in the script where deleting a location while teleporting to would cause an error and for the player to remain frozen.
- Fixed a bug with coco and the germo model pickups displaying the wrong information. (Reported by Sufy)
- Fixed a potential bug with completing killbill
- Resolved one issue with leaving minigames[/h3]

Property Variable System Part 2

Help
Before reading this you should probably check out previous guides here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But if you're lazy and you're wondering how to use these variable just use /addmsgpickup when displaying them.

Support in the previous version
The previous variable system had support for variables related to the player who entered a pickup only. For example, what is the model of the car the player is in? What is the health of the player? Which object is the player standing on?

Support in the new version
Refers to the numbers later on in the text if you're interested in them.

1. Support for displaying almost any variable of any player as long as he is in the property.
2. Support for displaying almost any variable of any object, vehicle, pickup, and npc in the property.
3. Support for functions which let's you use variables within variables to perform certain actions more easily.
4. Support to generate random numbers, perform addition and subtraction and conditions.
5. For loop support through /addforpickup (repeats a pickup a certain amount of times) and /addtriggerallpickup (triggers pickups for all players in the property)
6. Support for getting the object and NPC the player is shooting at or bumping into.
7. Support to use variables in:
/addtelepickup2, addtelebypickup, addobjectmovepickup3, addobjectmovebypickup2, addmovepickup2, addmovebypickup for changing positions of all the entities.
8. So much other stuff I can't even mention. Review /variablelist or /servervariablelist and /playervariablelist.

1. Support for displaying the variable of any player
You can now display the variable of any player in the property using:

$player_<ID/NAME>_<Function>$

So you can now type: $player_angel_health$ or $player_0_health$ and all the other commands previously listed in /playervariablelist. What is the downside with this? In most cases, you would probably want to have a variable in the <ID/Name>. For this you require functions that are described in 3.

2. Support for displaying the variable of any NPC,
You can now display the variable of any NPC, Vehicle, Object and pickup using:

$vehicle_<ID>_<Function>$
$npc_<ID>_<Function>$
$object_<ID>_<Function>$
$pickup_<ID>_<Function>$

This is similar to how number 1 works. All the functions for the different entities are available in /servervariablelist or /variablelist. Pickups even has an alternative:

$pickup_<Function>$

Where you don't have to enter the ID and it will take the pickup ID of the pickup you entered.

3. Functions.
Functions have two main purposes:
case 1. To let you use variables for the <ID> of 1 and 2 above.
case 2. To perform operations: Check 4.

For case 1 functions would look like this:

$player@<Variable/ID/NAME>/<Function>$
$vehicle@<Variable/ID>/<Function>$
$npc@<Variable/ID>/<Function>$
$object@<Variable/ID>/<Function>$
$pickup@<Variable/ID>/<Function>$

They do exactly the same as 1 and 2 but allows you to specify a variable instead of an ID.

Examples:

/addchangevariablepickup var_test 1

/addmsgpickup $object@var_test/Model$

Will use var_test to determine the object ID to display the model for. Starting at 1.

Other benefits:
- Functions have /debugmode support! It will tell you everything that goes wrong and will make it easier for you to debug!

Note:
- On $player@<ID/NAME>/<Function>$ when entering the name it doesn't have to be the full name. You can enter angel to find VK.Angel.OfDeath's name. This is only really useful when making custom commands.
- Unlike VC-MP syntax is not important here you can write:
$player@<ID/NAME>/<Function>$
$player@<ID/NAME>/<Function>/$
$player@/<ID/NAME>/<Function>$
$player@/<ID/NAME>/<Function>/$

All four cases are supported if you want to use them. It's a good thing to note so you don't get confused.

4. Functions - addition/substraction of numbers, random number and conditions.

The other usage for functions is to perform operations. You for example in a function do addition and subtraction immediately between variables. You can also use them directly in /changevariablecondition to do more faster checks. You can add together and subtract as many numbers as you wish.

$add@<Variable 1/Number>/<Variable 2/Number>/<Variable 3/Number>/...$
$sub@<Variable 1/Number>/<Variable 2/Number>/<Variable 3/Number>/...

In addition to that there is now also a way to generate random numbers using:

$random_<Number Start>_<Number End>$
$random@<Variable 1/Number Start>/<Variable 2/Number End>$

Examples:
$random_0_100$
$random@0/var_test$

You can also even use a function that basically does the same work as /changepickupcondition that you can use within /changepickupcondition as well!

$cond@var_9/>=/20/AND/var_9/<=/100$

Most of you won't use this function since the only use for it would be when you require really complex conditions into your /changepickupcondition that mixes ANDs and ORs.

5. For loops.

Description from the summary:
"For loop support through /addforpickup (repeats a pickup a certain amount of times) and /addtriggerallpickup (triggers pickups for all players in the property)
Already mentioned before"

Why to use it?

- Example 1: For loops especially with functions can be useful to implement certain things faster. For example. Consider a case where for example we want to send a message if $player_property_cash$ is higher than 5000 for all players in the property. To do this we could use /addautotriggerpickup with setting 4, but it  requires more work.

- Example 2: We want to want to check the health of NPC Index 0 to 50 to determine if they are all dead so we can display a message that all NPCs are dead.

/addtriggerallpickup:
This pickup triggers a list of other pickups for all players in the property.

Can be used to solve the first case:

First we make variable called var_send that determines if we should send the message. We will send message when the value is 1.

So we put the default value to zero and get it as pickup index 0.

/addvariablepickup var_send 0 => Pickup Index 0

Next we create the pickup for setting it to 1 when sending.
/addvariablepickup var_send 1 => Pickup Index 1

Then we create the condition to only set the value to 1 if a player has more than 5000 cash.
/changepickupcondition 1 player_property_cash > 5000

Now we do the /addtriggerallpickup which triggers pickup index 1 for all players. If at least one of the players has 5000 cash var_send will be 1.
/addtriggerallpickup 1 => Pickup Index 2

Next we create the message pickup and defines the condition for the sending the message which is when var_send is 1.
/addmsgallpickup At least one player has more than 5000 cash! => Pickup Index 3

/changepickupcondition 3 var_send == 1

Next we do the /addtriggerpickup. So first var_send is set to 0. Then Pickup Index 1 is triggered for all players through pickup index 2 (/addtriggerallpickup) and sets the value of var_send to 1 if at least one player has more than 5000 cash. Next pickup index 3 the message pickup is sent if var_send is 1.

/addtriggerpickup2 0 2 3

/addforpickup:
This pickup triggers a list of other pickups from a certain start value to an end value.

/addforpickup <Start Value> <End Value> <Pickup Index list>

For example if you want to trigger certain pickup indexes 150 times. You do: /addforpickup 1 150 <Pickup Index list>.

The reason you got a start value and you can specify where you want to start is because for each iteration (everytime you repeatedly trigger the pickup) the value $server_i$ value will update starting from the start all the way to the end value.

If you trigger a message pickup with $server_i$ you will see the value 1 in the first message, 2 in the second one and 150 in the last one.

Can be used to solve the second case:

We want to check the health of NPC index 0 to 50 and return a message if they are dead

First we make variable called var_send that determines if we should send the message. We will send message when the value is 1.

So we put the default value to zero and get it as pickup index 0.

/addvariablepickup var_send 0 => Pickup Index 0

Next, we create the pickup for setting it to 1 when sending it.
/addvariablepickup var_send 1 => Pickup Index 1

Then we create the condition to only set the value to 1 if an NPC is alive.
/changepickupcondition 1 npc@server_i/Health > 0

Now we do the /addforpickup which triggers pickup index 1 for all NPCs indexes between 0 to 50. If one NPC has more than 0 health, var_send will then be 1.

/addforpickup 0 50 1 => Pickup Index 2

Next we create the message pickup and defines the condition for the sending the message which is when var_send is 0 (when no NPC has more than zero Health.
/addmsgallpickup All NPCs are dead => Pickup Index 3

/changepickupcondition 3 var_send == 0

Next we do the /addtriggerpickup2. So the first var_send is set to 0. Then Pickup Index 1 is triggered for all npcs between 0 to 50 through pickup index 2 (/addforpickup) and sets the value of var_send to 1 if at least one npc has more than 0 HP. Next pickup index 3 the message pickup is sent if var_send is 0 (all NPCs are dead).

/addtriggerpickup2 0 2 3

6. Support for getting the object and NPC the player is shooting at or bumping into.

You can now access the variables of NPCs/Object the player shoot/bump into using:

$player_objectshot_<functions for objects found in /servervariablelist>$
$player_objectbump_<functions for objects found in /servervariablelist>$

$player_npcshot_<functions for NPCs found in /servervariablelist>$
$player_npcbump_<functions for NPCs found in /servervariablelist>$

The variable will always be the object/npc the player last interacts with. It's recommended only for usage in /setobjectpickup and /setnpcpickup

7. Support to use variables in: /addtelepickup2, addtelebypickup, addobjectmovepickup3, addobjectmovebypickup2, addmovepickup2, addmovebypickup for changing positions of all the entities.

The help is in the syntax for the commands for now since the topic big I will just give a few examples.

-- NPC
(NPC index: var_2, Speed: 1000, Rest: player position of angel (like for example VK.Angel.OfDeath)
/addnpcmovepickup2 $var_2$ 1000 $player@angel/pos_x$ $player@angel/pos_y$ $player@angel/pos_z$

-- object
/addobjectmove3pickup $var_2$ 1000 $player@angel/pos_x$ $player@angel/pos_y$ $player@angel/pos_z$
/addobjectmovebypickup2 $var_2$ 1000 $var_2$ $var_2$ $var_2$

-- player
/addtelebypickup $var_2$ $var_2$ $var_2$
/addtelebypickup $var_2$ 1000 $var_2$ $var_2$ $var_2$
/addtelepickup2 $var_2$ $player@angel/pos_x$ $player@angel/pos_y$ $player@angel/pos_z$
/addtelepickup2 $player@angel/pos_x$ $player@angel/pos_y$ $player@angel/pos_z$

--pickup
/addmovepickup2 $var_2$ $player@angel/pos_x$ $player@angel/pos_y$ $player@angel/pos_z$
/addmovebypickup $var_2$ $var_2$ $var_2$ $var_2$

Last edited by VK.Angel.OfDeath on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Server Patch 5.5 Empty Re: Server Patch 5.5

Post by S. Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:50 am

Great work nerd, make spawnweps saved in db to not have to type everytime join Razz
S.
S.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:01 am

/lms 2 is created by sparker corrected my notes!
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by h Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:03 am

Letting users create minigames was a nice step Angel. Alot more stuff (which will used by almost all not some players) has been added recently. The server is fun again.
h
Ultra Legendary

https://www.facebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:23 am

Helathien wrote:Letting users create minigames was a nice step Angel. Alot more stuff (which will used by almost all not some players) has been added recently. The server is fun again.

Been doing it for a while, but the rest have started to take an interest in it as well. It was pretty much just whome before who did, but I am glad the rest are interested to make minigames as well. It's very easy all you need is a VK property and talking to me so I can add it as a minigame.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkeR Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:54 am

Good work
SparkeR
SparkeR
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shafin Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Bro in your next patch please fix the lag Very Happy
Shafin
Shafin
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:23 pm

Shafin wrote:Bro in your next patch please fix the lag Very Happy

I have people telling me that the lag is fine and others that don't I need reports about what exactly to fix. I can't fix a slow internet connection.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by MeLoDy^ Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:42 pm

Helathien wrote:Letting users create minigames was a nice step Angel. Alot more stuff (which will used by almost all not some players) has been added recently. The server is fun again.

True thing, dude! Players are doing great by giving their efforts for the server, too.
Great work, Angel and Team!
MeLoDy^
MeLoDy^
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 薄霧. Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 am

Shafin wrote:Bro in your next patch please fix the lag Very Happy

You can't just "fix lag", else there would be no such problem in VCMP. Have you considered that rather than it being the servers fault, it may have something to do with your 200+ ping?
薄霧.
薄霧.
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by QaisAla Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:02 pm

Great update and sorry for the late reply...
QaisAla
QaisAla
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DasHinG^ Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:27 pm

Add more jobs and minigames so the very new players won't join the server because they can't download 250 files and players will be busy doing minigames so there won't be dm, dm is the most fun, so no dm no players, while the rest of players will get bored in the end doing minigames, everyone will lose interest in this server and players count will decrease day by day. Good job.
DasHinG^
DasHinG^
Ultra Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:06 am

DasHinG^ wrote:Add more jobs and minigames so the very new players won't join the server because they can't download 250 files and players will be busy doing minigames so there won't be dm, dm is the most fun, so no dm no players, while the rest of players will get bored in the end doing minigames, everyone will lose interest in this server and players count will decrease day by day. Good job.

I will just give a quick response, but probably long response. Excuse my grammar.

1. Jobs and minigames have nothing to do with the number of files. They are added by users inside properties, not by me. They are very easy to add and that's why you are seeing so many of them here.

2. Yes the number of files has increased a lot. The custom content limit will not be increased much further even though I already added about 500 kb more for the next patch. There are not that many new players in VC-MP and even people with a bad internet connection can download the files in a few minutes, is that enough to make people leave? Yes of course, but it wasn't an issue 1 year ago and I haven't recently added much custom content to begin with.

I might look into doing something about it since we got quite a lot of vehicles that are fairly useless, but we'll see.

3. When it comes to DMing you are free to suggest things to be added. But to be honest, when it comes to DMing there isn't much that can be added. I could make a DM server in one day and then be finished with it for years.

Next patch I am actually adding a dm world with /spawnloc and stuff as suggested by 3more.

I mainly put my focus into scripts where I am challenged or that people want. DM suggestions aren't very challenging it's more the decision if they should be implemented that is challenging.

4. I hardly think that properties and minigames have anything to do with the DMing decreasing in VKs. It has been here since our peak in playerbase. What's more likely to be the cause is:
- People leaving VC-MP a lot of users that originally played here during our peak don't play VC-MP.
- People leaving VKs because of various reasons. This is the only fault that is actually purely mine. But most of this happened during our peak. The players who have left recently have left VC-MP completely including some staff members.
- People going to purely DMing servers. VKs has a lot of files but also a big script, which will cause more lags than servers who are simple and only based on DMing. Our intention was never to be a DM server completely. I script because I want to be challenged and create cool stuff. If I have to quit doing that I don't really see a point to add more content updates.
- People simply being busy. I know at least 6-10 people who are busy at this period. Back in the days we still had a decent player base during this period, but people have grown up now and most people are busier with studies and school. VC-MP doesn't have that many new players, to begin with, so as our player base grow up the less players will play here.

5. Either way, to sum up, I am interested in hearing suggestions on how to get players back and we will certainly try. We are doing a restructuring of the staff very soon actually and we will try to implement some new changes to help grow the server. We'll actually be discussing this in a few weeks I believe.

But either way, I will still be around and script for as long as I feel like it. I scripted this server for several years when the player base was much much lower than this. We will probably be fine.

VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down