VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by CYBORG Today at 12:17 pm

» Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
Q&A about the servers future! I_vote_lcapQ&A about the servers future! I_voting_barQ&A about the servers future! I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6453)
Q&A about the servers future! I_vote_lcapQ&A about the servers future! I_voting_barQ&A about the servers future! I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1941 registered users
The newest registered user is WARLOCK

Our users have posted a total of 217817 messages in 16809 subjects
Top posting users this week
CYBORG

Q&A about the servers future!

Go down

Q&A about the servers future! Empty Q&A about the servers future!

NOTE: Be sure to at least read every question (by that I mean only the text in orange). If the question interest you, then read it and reply to it if you want to. Also please remember that I am very busy and I don't have time to read through everything i type, so expect some grammatical errors.

Are you still scripting? I am going to be honest guys, I haven't scripted anything since I released the patch. The reason for this is because when 0.4 releases we are going to have to start from scratch. I actually think this is good for us. We will get to focus on a more smaller script that will not be 10 thousand lines of code that takes 2 years to script. I've learned from my mistakes over the years and I've become very experienced now in scripting awesome stuff.

This doesn't mean that the server won't be as awesome as it was before. It just means that we will start to focus on one thing and not try to be everything at once. When 0.4 comes out we will first set up a normal DM server, add all our skins and vehicles from our current server. Then I will implement cool ideas, add objects, weapons and other things into the server.

So to answers the question: No. I will start scripting the server in 0.4 once it gets released. To me there is no point of scripting in 0.3 if we're going to have to start from scratch anyways once 0.4 releases.

What will happen when 0.4 releases? Well I am busy, I will keep you guys updated. I will try to at least set up a basic server, so you guys can connect and talk to each other. When I get more time I will start scripting the 0.4 server. This time we are not going to start scripting huge projects that will take years to finish. I will script basic stuff and add map objects. After that I will work on small, but awesome systems. There will most likely not be a roleplay system. You guys don't even use it no one more and Luca doesn't manage it anymore either.

Is the server dead? Well first of i just want to say that we still get a couple of people everyday that plays on the server, which makes it worth it (for me at least) to keep hosting it.

Some of you guys are telling me: "Angel the server is dead, no one comes there anymore". My answer: Whose fault is that? Well you guys clearly don't know how VC-MP works. So let me tell you guys.

VC-MP works like this: If a server is empty no one will join unless they're either a hacker, someone who has played there before and really like the server or someone who is part of the staff. If a server has 1 player one noob will eventually join, followed by another one and another one. If a server has 3-5 people more people will notice the server and join and we will end up with 10-15 players eventually like we did during the summer.

So to get back to question. If angel is too busy to be on the server and every admin stops going to the server (None of you have been there for a while), it means that we have to rely on regular players to play on the server alone to be able to increase the player count. We can of course do that and to be honest we are actually popular enough to actually have some players that does that, but we do not have that many.

So here's what you can do: If you're one of the players complaining then support the server by visiting the server more. If every single one of you would do that then we would've 5-15 players all the time. You may say that's bullshit. My answer to that: When I was active during the summer, mostly being afk, but playing too. We had like 5 players all the time. When one or more admins joined, the player count increased to 10 and so on....

If you're one of the players who is totally okay with the server being empty during these busy periods, then just wait patiently until I become active again and starts increasing the population with my presence.

Want more proof?:

Q&A about the servers future! Angel-10
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Q&A about the servers future! :: Comments

ЧК.

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:35 am by ЧК.

I have read it and agree with you
Good Luck scripting for 0.4 and hopefully it will be successful

The reason I haven't joined for a while is because I am really busy in school these days

I can do one thing which will help our server be filled with players
I will go afk at night leaving my computer on so other players join the whole night
I will try to join as much as possible

It would be great if other admins join too Smile

Back to top Go down

VK.Luca

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:58 am by VK.Luca

Interesting stuff. Indeed, don't script a roleplay system no more, as it has 0 success whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 am by VK.Angel.OfDeath

VK.Luca wrote:Interesting stuff. Indeed, don't script a roleplay system no more, as it has 0 success whatsoever.

The problem is not the script, Luca. The problem is that 95 % of the people playing on our server is not interested in roleplaying and those 5 % who are interested doesn't have the intelligence nor patience to handle the responsibility of being a VCPD officer. To be honest it requires too much work to be in the VCPD and on top of that it also requires you to learn a lot of stuff, which scares people away. And let's not forget the fact that the man in charge (VK.Luca) himself gave up because he didn't get enough recruits, when it is his job to recruit people.

If we get a roleplaying system in the future it needs to be run by someone who is actually active on the server and the whole VCPD part of the roleplaying system needs to be more simple so that the average player can handle it.

Back to top Go down

ЧК.

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:24 am by ЧК.

VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:
VK.Luca wrote:Interesting stuff. Indeed, don't script a roleplay system no more, as it has 0 success whatsoever.

The problem is not the script, Luca. The problem is that 95 % of the people playing on our server is not interested in roleplaying and those 5 % who are interested doesn't have the intelligence nor patience to handle the responsibility of being a VCPD officer. To be honest it requires too much work to be in the VCPD and on top of that it also requires you to learn a lot of stuff, which scares people away. And let's not forget the fact that the man in charge (VK.Luca) himself gave up because he didn't get enough recruits, when it is his job to recruit people.

If we get a roleplaying system in the future it needs to be run by someone who is actually active on the server and the whole VCPD part of the roleplaying system needs to be more simple so that the average player can handle it.

I agree with you angel Smile

I recommend that you should just make a police system where anyone who applies on the forum and gets accepted can be a cop
We can have cop levels and the player will get promoted for being good as an officer

We should not have complex rules like we did before

One person can be in charge to accept or deny players for VCPD
And he has the power to promote anyone and as they are promoted they will get access to more VCPD cmds

And we can have a basic robbery system
Where we just type /c rob on any shop to rob it
And the probability to rob a store won't be 100 % so you can't successfully rob a shop

I know this is a suggestion, but I wanted to mention it here where you guys are discussing the RP System

Back to top Go down

SuFyastiC

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 pm by SuFyastiC

Hmm , i think VKs is going through a critical condition becoz of lack of interest of our members towards VKs , so i think i have to announce it , that a Good News is coming really very soon. No Offense !!!

After Good News arrives i am 80% sure the interest of our VKs members will grow up day by day , becoz they r jealous of that Good News Very Happy

NOTE : If any of you guyz have understand or got a gut feeling for the Good News , keep it secret or PM me with ur guess Smile

GOOD NEWS COMING SOON Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:21 pm by Razor

Are you a great boss?

Back to top Go down

SuFyastiC

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 pm by SuFyastiC

Razor wrote:Are you a great boss?

Ur Ri8 , MRs Richi Rich Very Happy (jst kiddin)

Razor u will get the Answer very soon Smile

Back to top Go down

[MLP]Iron Will

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 pm by [MLP]Iron Will

VK.SilenCe wrote:

IRON WILL demands the answer now! IRON WILL doesnt give up. IRON WILLs got an IRON WILL!!!!

Back to top Go down

SuFyastiC

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:12 pm by SuFyastiC

[MLP]Iron Will wrote:
VK.SilenCe wrote:

IRON WILL demands the answer now! IRON WILL doesnt give up. IRON WILLs got an IRON WILL!!!!

I Challenge u Mr IRON WILL , guess the ri8 Answer , n i'll kick ur *** just PM me the answer Razz

Back to top Go down

Emma

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:36 pm by Emma

ok i read it all.

VK.SilenCe wrote:
[MLP]Iron Will wrote:
VK.SilenCe wrote:

I Challenge u Mr IRON WILL , guess the ri8 Answer , n i'll kick ur *** just PM me the answer Razz

haha xD

Back to top Go down

[MLP]Luna

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:13 pm by [MLP]Luna

VK.SilenCe wrote:
[MLP]Iron Will wrote:
VK.SilenCe wrote:

just tell us Razz

Back to top Go down

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:29 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

If you guys got anymore questions about anything, feel free to just reply or PM me.

Back to top Go down

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:25 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

The forum is so quiet this month just wanted to share some quick information that isn't really important: but we got 3200 registered accounts now, last time i checked (a couple of months ago we had just reached 2000 lol)

Anyways hope to see you guys on the server sometime. I will try my best to stay online on the weekend, but since I hardly see anyone I tend to forget to join some days. Take care guys and good luck in school Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:40 pm by Razor

Im still waiting for the answer Razz

Back to top Go down

VK.Angel.OfDeath

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:47 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Razor wrote:

Im still waiting for the answer Razz

Mr. Razor as usual, asks a question that doesn't relate to anything + he makes everyone miss my recent message posted in this topic. I am not sure if you're trolling me or actually giving me some critic, but to answer the question I try to be fair which works most of the time. Unfortunately being fair doesn't work when I want something done Razz. I asked everyone nicely if they wanted to be mentioned on our youtube account 3 times and no one answered. Finally when I forced everyone to answer every single one of you said yes lol. So being fair is not effective. Some of you are like robots that only responds to direct orders unfortunately. I discussed this in the topic: "The problem with the forum". The result from that was generally good, some of you got the message and others didn't. Everyone who replied to this topic: https://vkserver.forumotion.com/t854p15-qa-about-the-servers-future
is pretty much those who got it. Everyone else expect the advisers, pretty much either forgot about it or didn't read the topic. Btw for anyone reading this, who've made it this far, the topic itself is not that important, i was just using it as an example.

(the answer is: No btw.)

Here's the message:

VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:The forum is so quiet this month just wanted to share some quick information that isn't really important: but we got 3200 registered accounts now, last time i checked (a couple of months ago we had just reached 2000 lol)

Anyways hope to see you guys on the server sometime. I will try my best to stay online on the weekend, but since I hardly see anyone I tend to forget to join some days. Take care guys and good luck in school Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down