VKs Official Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Unban Appeal
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 am

» [Solved] Password Reset
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

» Ramadan Mubarak in Advance
by Shafin Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» Fatal Force - F2
by [F2]M60^ Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm

» Illegal Immigration | Old Memories | 2017
by BlackOps_Killer Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:25 pm

» VKs and VCMP Previews
by SJHere Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

» The Resurgence 4th Year of Anniversary!
by Ninja Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 am

» [Solved]Stats Transfer application - Shado[W]^
by SJHere Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

» Hi to all my good friends
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 am

» [Closed] Admin Application - F2.Ninja
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am

» [Closed] Suggestion - We can change weather in props
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

» [Denied] Suggestion - Garbageman Job
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:27 pm

» Server Files (24/10/2023)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

» [Accepted] playaaa, ULK.Hulk. [M4]Halilibow - speed hacking in parkours
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset- TrapHole
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

» [Solved] Request for Password Reset (2)
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:14 pm

» [Solved] Password Rest
by [RPG]G_man Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 pm

» [Noted] FPV Suggestion
by SJHere Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:31 pm

» [Solved] Pass Reset Application Foster^
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 pm

» Wanna start over again?
by palestrino Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 am

» hey guys <3
by D@Ch0uChI. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am

» [Solved] Stats Transfer
by SJHere Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:03 pm

» [Solved] Password Reset
by D4rKR420R Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

» Let's all gather after May in VKs
by Mike Sat May 20, 2023 4:55 pm

» [Denied] Player report - [ON]HunTinG
by D4rKR420R Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

» Hi halo here
by Alone Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

» An old Player Of Vks
by Alone Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am

» [Bug Report] Bug in /domination - invisible bridge
by VK.Angel.OfDeath Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

» [Noted] Bug Report - Zone
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

» [Noted] Just Suggestion
by LOGiC ™ Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Top posters
ЧК. (8555)
[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion I_vote_lcap[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion I_voting_bar[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
VK.Angel.OfDeath (6454)
[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion I_vote_lcap[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion I_voting_bar[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6433)
D4rKR420R (5469)
=KF=Thunder^ (5405)
Pavonis (5197)
SJHere (4421)
Emma (4261)
Vipe[R] (3756)
47. (3704)

Statistics
We have 1947 registered users
The newest registered user is Toretto.

Our users have posted a total of 217818 messages in 16809 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion

4 posters

Go down

[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion Empty [Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion

Post by ЧК. Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:21 am

I think there should be a speed meter which reads your speed when you're driving. This can be helpful to see your speed. It also helps in the police script as Luca can make a rule that every citizen should keep there speed under a certain limit at certain roads. I don't know if a speed sign board that tells what speed you should have is possible to make on the streets, but would be good to give every road a different speed limit. Also police officers can be able to use a cmd like /c checkspeed (player id/name) to see the speed of citizens driving and also they can use /c speedlimit (player id/name) to see the speed limit of the road that the player is on to see if the Player has exceeded the speed limit and if he has he must be fined. For all this to work there needs to be a speed meter so the speed is visible to the driver. If police officers are chasing a criminal for any reason they must be able to break the speed limit in order to catch the criminal. I have seen this on other servers, the speed meter can just show the speed in as a number or can show a real meter like in a car.

Thanks
Hope to see it soon Smile
ЧК.
ЧК.
Manager & Forum Admin
Manager & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion Empty Re: [Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion

Post by VK.Luca Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:46 am

I think this is a very good command that can improve roleplay.

Suggestion was accepted by me and it will have a reviewal of Angel soon.
VK.Luca
VK.Luca
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Location : Macin, Tulcea, Romania, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way. Universe

Back to top Go down

[Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion Empty Re: [Denied] Speed Meter/VCPD Suggestion

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:05 am

It is possible to script this, but it would most likely require a timer unless you want it to work like this:
Luca sees a car from a distance types /c getspeed and sends out a laser and then /c getspeed again to get the laser back to measure the speed. To measure speed you need two distance and a time difference, which can only be done this way or by using a timer (which isn't very good in general unless it is totally worth it. Which this isn't).

Luca Man wrote:I think this is a very good command that can improve roleplay.

You do know that I script for several hours a day right? My main tester called Luca however is never around to help me on the other hand, but I am lucky to have Ghost when you're not here.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Server Owner & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ЧК. Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 am

VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:It is possible to script this, but it would most likely require a timer unless you want it to work like this:
Luca sees a car from a distance types /c getspeed and sends out a laser and then /c getspeed again to get the laser back to measure the speed. To measure speed you need two distance and a time difference, which can only be done this way or by using a timer (which isn't very good in general unless it is totally worth it. Which this isn't).

You do know that I script for several hours a day right? My main tester called Luca however is never around to help me on the other hand, but I am lucky to have Ghost when you're not here.

Is it possible that the speed comes automatically to the police officer??
Like if a driver is driving and sees his speed on the meter
Then Luca types a cmd to get the speed of a specific player and then the speed comes to him automatically

And also is it possible to make sign boards for a speed limit on specific roads and highways??

Also can you explain and give an example for the timer thing you were talking about??

Thanks
ЧК.
ЧК.
Manager & Forum Admin
Manager & Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EK.CrystalBlue Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:29 am

VK.G.H((O))S.T. wrote:
VK.Angel.OfDeath wrote:It is possible to script this, but it would most likely require a timer unless you want it to work like this:

Is it possible that the speed comes automatically to the police officer??
Like if a driver is driving and sees his speed on the meter
Then Luca types a cmd to get the speed of a specific player and then the speed comes to him automatically

And also is it possible to make sign boards for a speed limit on specific roads and highways??

Also can you explain and give an example for the timer thing you were talking about??

Thanks
The timer thing is because there is no speed function in pawn, so a timer is required. The timer has a refresh rate in ms and it calculates the time difference by the distance difference.
EK.CrystalBlue
EK.CrystalBlue
Deputy Chief of the Community
Deputy Chief of the Community

Best christ 15
Homocide detective
Pizza Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:44 pm

I don't think there should be a speed meter to be honest...

It is too much work and it isn't useful at all. I am pretty sure an officer is capable of detecting when someone is driving too fast.

Suggestion denied, But thanks for taking your time to suggest this.
VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down