» VKs Official Event Staff List
by Rainbow Dash Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Transfer Application
by S!LenT_K!LL3R^ Yesterday at 3:16 pm

» [closed] Stats transfer app
by Rainbow Dash Yesterday at 2:54 pm

Top posters
MaSoN^ (8585)
VK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death I_vote_lcapVK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death I_voting_barVK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death I_vote_rcap 
ЧК. (8214)
VK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death I_vote_lcapVK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death I_voting_barVK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death I_vote_rcap 
=SdS=KrlozZ... (6360)
=KF=Thunder^ (5480)
VK.Angel.OfDeath (5063)
ρꍏ✓⊙♫♗ⓢ (4796)
ShadowJacK. (4388)
Rainbow Dash (4250)
DarkRaZoR^ (4196)
Vipe[R] (3916)

Statistics
We have 1494 registered users
The newest registered user is =PIC=zokka^

Our users have posted a total of 197890 messages in 14355 subjects
September 2019 Update - My life and Patch 5.0

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:18 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

What's going with the updates
Hey, I think it's been a long time since I actually updated you guys on what's going on. I guess I sorta forgot about it. But I guess I am back now to update you some more.

My life
So as all of you know ever since the start of the Summer I've been waiting to finish my education. First I had to correct some grammatical issues in the thesis and send it for publication. That took about 2 months. Then I had to wait an additional week to get my credits for the thesis. Finally, I had to apply for my degree. All of that is now done and I got my degree. Currently, I am working on perfecting my CV and upload a lot of projects from school up to github to make it easier to find jobs. I haven't applied for any job yet, but I am going to start in the upcoming weeks. I am kinda nervous, but hope everything will go well.

Patch 5.0
I am happy to announce that the next patch will be 5.0. It will not include Bod 2, since that is final part of the story and I want to …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 10

June 2019 Updates - GUI, Script and personal life.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm by Chuck Norris

GUI
Some GUI will come in the new patch for everyone to test out to see how it feels with your lag and stuff like that. Nothing too big, but it's a good experiment. I am getting bored of scripting other stuff, it's time we get some GUI scripting in here as well Razz.

Got any GUI ideas to suggest? Feel free to do so.

Future scripts
Apart from GUI I have looked at what you guys actually like to do around the server, which scripts are used and which are not. I have scripted this story thing for a long time, it's time for something else to get some extra time. Hopefully, you'll guys enjoy the scripts I have coming. The wod story is fine and all, but I think I am done with jobs for a while now at least.

Either way the things I am scripting feel fun to me right now and different, so hopefully you guys will feel the same.

Suggestions
I always look at suggestions and try to get as many as I can done, but some of them aren't really needed to 100 % and takes a lot time, which is why I …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 23

April 2019 Updates 2 - Next patch delayed got busy, future content.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:12 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Delayed patch
The newest patch is finished but needs to be tested. Unfortunately, I don't want to rush it so I have decided to release it next weekend instead.
It has a few suggestions implemented and a few improvements, but it's mostly adding content to wod and this will be the final content to complete wod.
After that I'll only add a few questlines here and there when I get ideas, but I will mostly focus on other ideas + suggestions.

Those who are doing wod currently hopefully has many missions left to finish until then. Next patch you will be able to do the last 4 missions in the story + continue with David Davis (you'll get about 20 more missions with him, then be able to replay them, with all new dialogues for each one)

Future Content
I don't know how long we will be here for, but what's fun for me is to script challenging and fun things. I've almost had my fun now with this story that has been going on for years. It is my goal at least for myself to bring that story to …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 14

April 2019 Updates - 4.8.2 release date, upcoming scripts, status updates.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:42 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Patch 4.8.2
Will be out on or before April 7th, unless something changes. It will be a minor patch that includes some suggestion, but not all suggestions. It will also add some updates to /wod, which is technically not finished yet.

Future
I am sorry to everyone for focusing so much on /wod especially to those who don't care for it and want other updates. But I want you all to quickly know that /wod is part of the story and /wod is very huge and will most likely be my final big job because I can just keep adding more questlines to /wod. Wod is also the last part before bod 2, which is not something I am going to stress about but I am going to release it this year hopefully. After that our story is finished. But more importantly once I am finished with a few small patches here and there I will be able to focus my attention 80 % on suggestions, improvements and new cool ideas from you guys. I am also already now reading most of your suggestions and will have some finished by the next …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 10

February 2019 Updates - What's going on, Patch 4.8 release date and stuff.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:30 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Just my normal rant. You can skip to the release date section if you're too lazy to read.

Currently going on
As many of you guys know I am currently doing my thesis and is pretty much busy with that. I work with it on weekdays and then on the server on weekends + try to relax a little.

Been so long since I've actually been able to play something. I hope I'll be able to come in-game soon and see you all.

Problem with scripting
I seem to always scripts thing that are bigger and bigger for every patch when it comes to content, when I know you guys prefer simple stuff too. /wod my biggest script job script so far is coming after me working on it for about 4 months or more. I need to really stop with these script and try to release a few jobs/scripts at a time instead. But unfortunately, I always get stuck in something big. I hope that after this patch I will stop scripting huge things that are released in one go and be able to do a few every 2 weeks or 1 month that I …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 14

January 2019 Updates - Rel006 release? Next patch coming when?

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:55 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Rel006 release
It's possible I will release rel006 this weekend. Please note though:

1. I will not be able to release a full patch at the same time as it. It is however possible that I can edit the old file I uploaded and change it a little so there is a joining message explaining.

2. There will be one bug in it and that will be that when you join /onehitkill and other minigames with a score list you will not be able to see the updated version until you make a kill. This was a simple bug I fixed in the next patch and that patch is not ready if I release it this weekend. I might just fix the bug again in the current version since I don't think it was that difficult.

3. I need to rename the file name for some custom weapons because their names are actually causing the vcmp anti hack system to kick a person as soon as they use the weapon. It shouldn't take so long and I have checked so rel003 isn't affected by the name change. You will however be required to download maybe 5-8 …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 15

December 2018 Update 2 - Huge issues, huge changes coming, rel006, SPEAK!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:28 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Staff Update
A huge staff update is coming from all different levels. It's the same one we do every year and we're gonna post it before the end of December. It will hopefully change up quite a few things.

Rel006 final step
The final step of rel006 is here: http://vkserver.forumotion.com/t12749-public-beta-rel006-2-please-join-and-report

If you're lazy please just join the server and play a little. Tell me if anything is wrong. It really hurts to see everyone just ignore it... It's important it gets tested on as many computers as possible.

Rule suggestion section
http://vkserver.forumotion.com/f74-rule-suggestion-discussion

Staff issues
Some of the staff members claim that I don't listen and ignore suggestions. Some things I would like to clear up:

1. The rules are law we have to do what they say even if they are stupid. If someone abuses the rules we have to suggest a change and pass that change. You have all brought forward suggestions in the past to fix things but it's hard …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 11

December 2018 Update - Patch 4.7 release date, a problem and rel006 finished (testing left)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Patch 4.7
I made a promise that I will provide you guys with two more patches before the end of the year and Intend to do so with patch 4.7 coming out. I know my promises don't mean much because I can never keep them, but I am going to release a patch before the 16h of December, that marks about 2 months since the last patch. There is a big chance the patch will come in a few days if I decide that it is impossible for me to release /wod (basically a job that is 4-5 times bigger than the usual jobs) in a finished state. Even if I don't release /wod you guys will get other stuff that is hopefully worthy of a patch update. I've added quite a few other things that I think will make the gameplay more fun in the next patch regardless if /wod gets finished or not.

So why has this patch taken so long? Well technically, if you look at our history there are quite a few periods where a patch is released 2 months after the previous one. However, I've wasted about half of my time since october …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 17

November 2018 Update - Vote, Plans and being busy.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:47 am by VK.Angel.OfDeath

About scripting in general
The scripts have to become better and newer for each patch I make. The problem is that I don't want to add another delivery job that will just be the same as the garbage man and pizza boy job. I have to come up with newer and cooler ideas. It's been a busy month for me and I haven't had the energy to script quite that much. I have however been doing quite a few suggestions you guys have been asking for, for a while.

That's why I wanted to make this topic to briefly talk to you.

Planned patches
I have 3 patches that is coming up in the future that I have already planned for. Desmond, BOD 2 and the whole story thing will be wrapped up within 3 big patches, together with of course other content.

The next patch might be 1 of those three, but that's why I am here to write this topic. I've implemented a lot of suggestions you guys can have use for. If I were to divide my scripting job it's suggestions and my own big script of the patch. There has …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 23

VK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death

Go down

VK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death Empty VK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death

Post by GeoGeo on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Razz
GeoGeo
GeoGeo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

VK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death Empty Re: VK's Players Vs Vk angel Of Death

Post by Beast_Boy^ on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Pero XDD.
Beast_Boy^
Beast_Boy^
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaSoN^ on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:45 pm

lol

VKs Official server forum was created in Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:30 pm!
VKs Official server forum is 2529 days old!
VKs Official server forum has 197890 posts!
VKs Official server forum has 14355 topics!
VKs Official server forum has 1494 members!
The latest registered user on the forum is =PIC=zokka^

I just wanna leave and take you on my wings
Flying away together
I'd love this beautiful time
Come for this crazy cool night

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MaSoN^
MaSoN^
Manager
Manager

Moderator 1
Event staff
Santa chuck
Math Genius
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by QaisAla on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Lmao
QaisAla
QaisAla
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Before anyone says anything, I am aware that this is a joke, but I still want to be serious and discuss rel006 once again with you guys.

1. Right when I saw this video, I am actually working on rel006.

2. Today I finished the final version of the basic script, which works as a first release. Yes, it took very long. Some reasons are due to me spending me more scripting time on adding content instead of converting old stuff, but some of it was to VC-MP bugs. I admit that I work on rel006 from time to time, but not very often.

3. I can happily announce that I've managed to find the cause behind the memory leaks that I discovered in the spawn screen and when being in camera mode.

Let me explain everything. Whenever your camera changes position like for example on the spawn screen, in some of my job scripts and when you use F11. The camera is or can be placed so that it can see things behind the player. In our server, there are two pickups that are actually relatively close to the player and that is also located behind the player (a star and health icon, /gotoloc player and see for yourself). Those pickups are located behind some buildings and you can't technically see them from the spawn screen. But if you would, for example, remove all buildings you would see them at the spawn screen.

So apparently for some these two pickups are causing download rate leaks (which means more lag), the more you stay on the spawn screen the higher your download rate becomes. I don't have a poor internet connection and I don't have time to wait 24 hours on the spawn screen to verify how bad a high download rate is, but I would imagine that most users here would maybe lose most of the internet after being at the spawn screen for 5-10 minutes without spawning.

How to fix this? The developers of VC-MP must fix the bug, there is no way around it.

I can avoid the bug as much as possible because I discovered that you must be in the same world as the pickup for the bug to trigger. What that means is that I can just simply move all world 1 pickups (which should only be two) away from the spawn screen and that will take care of the issue in world 1.

However, since you guys can make your own properties and pickups. It will be tricky to fix it in custom properties. But maybe we can just ignore because it's not very likely it will happen.

I've made it so the help icons only exist in world 1 now to decrease the likelihood of this bug occurring.

Then the problem will be of selfie mode as well. But maybe we can ignore that for now, since most of you using it, won't be in it for very long.

My job scripts might also cause some issues if I happen to change the camera in some situations and the pickups being there. But if I am to be honest I think most of you can survive staying the camera mode for 5-10 minutes at least. I'll talk to one of beta testers who knows a lot about download rate.

4. Why is this a big issue for VKs and not for other servers:
- The other servers don't have pickups that are placed behind the player on the spawn screen that is relatively close to him and that is also close to the players view distance.
- The other servers don't let players add pickups wherever they want, or even let them add them at all.
- Other servers don't use player.SetCamera very often or even have a selfie camera.

VK.Angel.OfDeath
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Chief of the Community
Chief of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Player not happy Sad
Halo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken^ on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:13 pm

ok
Ken^
Ken^
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder_Bird on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Glad to know that you care about poor people like me who pay for each single MB internet.
Thunder_Bird
Thunder_Bird
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zak. on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Glad to know that you care about poor people like me who pay for each single MB internet.
Like us, @Zong_sucks.
Zak.
Zak.
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Helathien on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:10 pm

DuKaz wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Glad to know that you care about poor people like me who pay for each single MB internet.
Like us, @Zong_sucks.
Zong is the best mobile Internet provider in Pakistan tbh. I have jazz and zong both but I use zong.
Helathien
Helathien
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://www.facebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Radon on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:59 pm

Radon

Back to top Go down

Post by LOGiC ™ on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:14 pm

lol Razz
LOGiC ™
LOGiC ™
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackops_Killer on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 pm

the "dafuq just happened" part got me good xd.
Blackops_Killer
Blackops_Killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoGeo on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Before anyone says anything, I am aware that this is a joke, but I still want to be serious and discuss rel006 once again with you guys.

1. Right when I saw this video, I am actually working on rel006.

2. Today I finished the final version of the basic script, which works as a first release. Yes, it took very long. Some reasons are due to me spending me more scripting time on adding content instead of converting old stuff, but some of it was to VC-MP bugs. I admit that I work on rel006 from time to time, but not very often.

3. I can happily announce that I've managed to find the cause behind the memory leaks that I discovered in the spawn screen and when being in camera mode.

Let me explain everything. Whenever your camera changes position like for example on the spawn screen, in some of my job scripts and when you use F11. The camera is or can be placed so that it can see things behind the player. In our server, there are two pickups that are actually relatively close to the player and that is also located behind the player (a star and health icon, /gotoloc player and see for yourself). Those pickups are located behind some buildings and you can't technically see them from the spawn screen. But if you would, for example, remove all buildings you would see them at the spawn screen.

So apparently for some these two pickups are causing download rate leaks (which means more lag), the more you stay on the spawn screen the higher your download rate becomes. I don't have a poor internet connection and I don't have time to wait 24 hours on the spawn screen to verify how bad a high download rate is, but I would imagine that most users here would maybe lose most of the internet after being at the spawn screen for 5-10 minutes without spawning.

How to fix this? The developers of VC-MP must fix the bug, there is no way around it.

I can avoid the bug as much as possible because I discovered that you must be in the same world as the pickup for the bug to trigger. What that means is that I can just simply move all world 1 pickups (which should only be two) away from the spawn screen and that will take care of the issue in world 1.

However, since you guys can make your own properties and pickups. It will be tricky to fix it in custom properties. But maybe we can just ignore because it's not very likely it will happen.

I've made it so the help icons only exist in world 1 now to decrease the likelihood of this bug occurring.

Then the problem will be of selfie mode as well. But maybe we can ignore that for now, since most of you using it, won't be in it for very long.

My job scripts might also cause some issues if I happen to change the camera in some situations and the pickups being there. But if I am to be honest I think most of you can survive staying the camera mode for 5-10 minutes at least. I'll talk to one of beta testers who knows a lot about download rate.

4. Why is this a big issue for VKs and not for other servers:
- The other servers don't have pickups that are placed behind the player on the spawn screen that is relatively close to him and that is also close to the players view distance.
- The other servers don't let players add pickups wherever they want, or even let them add them at all.
- Other servers don't use player.SetCamera very often or even have a selfie camera.
That's great,we're looking forward to it Razz
I've the same problem bro Sad xD
GeoGeo
GeoGeo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DestroyeR^ on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:32 am

Wtf lol
DestroyeR^
DestroyeR^
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder_Bird on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
DuKaz wrote:
Like us, @Zong_sucks.
Zong is the best mobile Internet provider in Pakistan tbh. I have jazz and zong both but I use zong.
its useless to have fast internet when you cant afford it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thunder_Bird
Thunder_Bird
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceBlood on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 am

I hope angel, dont sees this.
IceBlood
IceBlood
Event Staff